Liftbox winding handles

Forum for discussion relating to the 88mm Flak36
Jeffrey Goff
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 737 times

Liftbox winding handles

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

I have started to re-assemble the bogie's, put on the new lift box brackets, and made the folding winding handle and securing clasp
regards
Jeff

simon_manning
Been liked: 1627 times

Post by simon_manning »

i am watching your 88 build more than my tiger construction,great detail and very interesting,i might try one of these 88 myself.

simon manning

Jeffrey Goff

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

Hi Simon, you would not regret making the 88, and if you like modelling, the sky's the limit, and unlike the tanks where most of the extra details are placed on the outside, you are working in 3D with this, and with a little thought and effort, you can get most of the additional details to function, on Sunday I made the winding handles, these pull out and the handle folds down, then while looking at some pictures last night, I noticed a T shape bar at the bottom of the handle tube, and realised that this operated a sprung loaded locking bar, made this tonight, works a treat, so as you can see I am more than pleased with this model
regards
Jeff

Jeffrey Goff

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

sprung loaded locking rod in winding handle, not cleaned up yet
regards
Jeff

Allan Richards
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Allan Richards »

Superb work again Jeff. Was the winding handle not included in the kit as this is a very noticeable bit of detail?
Allan Richards