Centurion query

Forum for discussion relating to the Centurion
davidwilkins
Been liked: 213 times

Re: Cent Main Armament Elevation Range

Post by davidwilkins »

Hi Stephen/Chris

Looking forward to see how you approach this issue. I have been working on the gun elevation/depression for a few weeks now but have had a few problems getting the limit switches to work, I think that is now solved I swopped the leads over on the switches as I think I had the switches the wrong way round. (this electronic stuff is doing my head in but I am learning all the time)

Another problem that I am going to start looking at is the way the leadscrew works, the gun barrels movement is not a very smooth operation. The gun barrel moves up and down slightly when you are elevating or depressing the gun barrel on the radio control stick.

Regards

David

davidwilkins

Re: Cent Radio Control Problem

Post by davidwilkins »

Hi all

I am having a few problems with my 7C futaba radio control. I done the basic bench tests installed the motors and amplifier and programmed the sound card everything seemed fine, I ran it on tick over for about 1/2 a day to run in the speakers and all seemed ok.

Then I was doing some other work on the tank and went to switch off the power supply module and it would not as the left hand motor went into full reverse the only way to stop it was to disconnect the battery, this has happen twice now.

Today I was connecting all of the other options to check everything was working, the only connection that I did not do was the con rod to the servo for the recoil everything worked fine. Connected the con rod but did not work very well (this needs some work to improve its operation in the sleeve) as I was thinking about what to do about this the left hand motor and sound went into full reverse. I moved the stick control and it went back to tick over. this happen 4 times over a few minutes even though all of the sticks on the transmitter where in neutral.

This very concerning as I dare not take it off the test bed and try out on the ground for fear of the left hand engaging on its own. I have had a look other peoples builds on the forum but found no mention of this type of problem.

Any help and suggestion would be gratefully received.

Regards

David

leesellars
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Centurion query

Post by leesellars »

Have you still got the ratchet on the left stick on the transmitter. If you have you will need to buy a centering spring.

Lee
http://www.Facebook.com/newthorpemodels
Dont hit me so early in the morning with those negative waves.
Listen carefully i shall say this only once.
If its not broke dont fix it.
Ich Hatt Einen Kameraden

davidwilkins

Post by davidwilkins »

Hi Lee

Thanks for the reply, yes the left hand stick is still on the ratchet. Do you know where I can purchase a spring from?

Cheers

David

Mick Regan
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Mick Regan »

I have personally given up hope that politicians who never experienced war first hand will ever realise that war is the worst of all possible alternatives.
Otto Carius. Commander 2nd Company sPzAbt. 502

davidwilkins

Post by davidwilkins »

Hi Mick

Many thanks for the information I will get one ordered today and see if that fixes my problem.

Cheers

David

leesellars
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by leesellars »

Hello David

You have to take the back off the transmitter to fit. Easy job. Look how the others are fitted before doing it. It will center the stick putting it in neutral.
If you are struggling to get on I might have one in stock.

Lee
http://www.Facebook.com/newthorpemodels
Dont hit me so early in the morning with those negative waves.
Listen carefully i shall say this only once.
If its not broke dont fix it.
Ich Hatt Einen Kameraden

davidwilkins

Post by davidwilkins »

Hi Lee

Thanks for the input I have ordered one this morning (I did not know that you might stock them) I will fit this as soon as it comes hopefully this will solve the problem.

Cheers

David