An Even More Novice Builder!

Forum for discussion relating to the Centurion
Chris glover
Been liked: 1 time

An Even More Novice Builder!

Post by Chris glover »

Thought it was about time I put a couple of pics up of my Cent.I have been doing a few mods recently :D .I can't claim to have done the majority of the detailing and donkey work as I bought the model off Steve Norris..and a very nice job he made of it too :D
image.jpg
Finally got around to making the guns!
Finally got around to making the guns!
Spray Time
Spray Time
Drive sprocket prior to mod
Drive sprocket prior to mod
New Lids
New Lids
Drive sprocket extensions
Drive sprocket extensions
Engine Deck locks
Engine Deck locks
Wheel holes
Wheel holes
Just starting to make the gun depression rails and the wading kit bits and pieces.Keeps you busy this Armortek lark! :D

davidwilkins
Been liked: 213 times

Re: An Even More Novice Builder!

Post by davidwilkins »

Hi Chris

Very nice Centurion model you have there, you can tinker around with these models forever I have made parts a year ago and since then remade them since my skills on the milling machine have started to improve.

Keep the pictures coming it is all very inspiring.

Regards

David

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 1012 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by Stephen White »

Chris, beautifully done. The RMG and coax look very effective. The sprocket mod is really key mod, it gives the model some of the essential Centurion character. Thanks for taking the trouble to post, it all helps inspire. Nice to see the RTR cap badge - have you got a particular vehicle in mind?

All the best

Stephen

Chris glover
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Chris glover »

Thanks chaps!
I have not really decided on what tank to model yet .Im slowly learning how to use the resistance soldering iron.It seems to make impossible soldering ....possible :shock: .
Stephen,I notice you use the pen type electrodes a lot.Any advantages over the tweezer type?.I find the most annoying thing is keeping the electrodes clean to ensure the current flows first time.
Chris