Finished halftrack Pics

Forum for discussion relating to the M2/M3 and M16 US Half Track
David Ward

Finished halftrack Pics

Post by David Ward »

Hello

I have some pics of the finished M2A1 in my gallery. I say finished but as we know there is always more to be done. Most of the extra detail parts such as the 50 cal mount, jerrycan holders, tie downs, aerial mount and M49 ring are all Armorpax - all excellent parts.

David

Dale jordan
Been liked: 411 times

Post by Dale jordan »

Hello David . Thanks for posting your half track photos .. She looks fantastic . Did the build go smoothly? also how does it run? whats next . Dale

David Ward

Post by David Ward »

Dale, David

The build was quite sraight forward. It took about for months but nearly half of that was taken up making the pulpit, 30 cal mounts, front seats and controls etc. One thing I did which was a bit tedious, but I think quite important, was to turn down and shape nearly every M2 countersunk slothead screw to give a more accurate dome head - and there are alot of them! (I think Mark was unable to source a more suitable fixing)

It runs nicely, and steers well but with a large turning circle - just like the real thing.

As for the tracks coming off, I would say it is virtualy a physical impossibility!

David

David

Tim Bowman
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Tim Bowman »

David,

Your M2 looks GREAT!. It's neat to see one built and painted. Your details are super. Really nice.

Kind regards

Tim
"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." – Erwin Rommel

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1296 times
Been liked: 1511 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Great looking halftrack David !

I'm really surprised how small it looks compared to the Panther, almost as though it's a 1/10th model instead of 1/6th :shock:

I'm still waiting for a gap in my work schedule to be able to go and collect my M2 - I'm posting this from not-so-sunny Liverpool :roll:

Adrian.

Allan Richards
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Allan Richards »

Dave,

A superb looking model and weathered really well, you would swear it was 1:1 scale in the closer pictures. It will be interesting to see it run. You have quite a collection now.
Allan Richards

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

David,
Awesome job on the M2. I agree with the others, it looks like a real full size rig. Wow! The mud, tarps, and details are superb! I hope mine turns out that good! Beautiful build. :shock:
Bob

Derek Attree
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 158 times

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Guys
Saw Daves half track at Olympia and it realy is first classand it runs very well,close up the detail is very well carried out.

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

David Ward

Post by David Ward »

Thank you all for your kind comments. Glad you liked it.

David