Few news from Italy

Forum for discussion relating to the Sdkfz 7 Half Track
leesellars
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Few news from Italy

Post by leesellars »

Hello Andrea

Looking good. Just something ive picked up. For the reciever you must not have a voltage above 5vdc. This is due to the fact that the TBS5 sound card must not go above this voltage as recommended by Thomas. This will distroy the card.

Lee
http://www.Facebook.com/newthorpemodels
Dont hit me so early in the morning with those negative waves.
Listen carefully i shall say this only once.
If its not broke dont fix it.
Ich Hatt Einen Kameraden

Andrea Daviero
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Andrea Daviero »

Hi Lee, I installed on my halftrack the TBS mini sound board (works till 12V I think), it has same functionalities as the TBS5 plus USB connection for customization.
The only different thing is about connecting it to an external amplifier different from the benedini ones.
I had no problems with the board itself, I have only a noise that I must filter as soon as I will re-route wires for the final setup.
I had also few problems with the power, in these hot days the armortek power module just turned off when in use, I checked battery voltage and never went below 22.08V under stress (I have a logger connected wich will show me the lower value), also that happened completely random if I was running or not, near or far, climbing or descending.
I think it is an heat problem, I will check when temperatures becomes a bit warmer.
In case I find that temperature is the cause I will open the armortek module and add a fan or an heat sink. ;)
Regards
Andrea Daviero (Andrew)

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Post by Armortek »

Hello Andrea

The Armortek power supply module does not generate heat. The problem you are experiencing sounds more like a loose connection. The Armortek amplifier module can get warm if used for long periods, but this system is protected and will reduce the sound level until the unit cools.

Mark
Armortek

Andrea Daviero
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Andrea Daviero »

Hi Mark, I have on my halftrack only the motion pack without sound module (so no armortek amplifier, and the benedini one is installed in the engine compartment.
I know that power supply generates only few heat, probably only from the main relay, but the last time I used it was outside, with a sunny day and an outside temperature of about 40-42°C, maybe that inside the halftrack the temperature was very HOT, over 50°C, that could create problems.
I tried some tests in the same day with a bit colder situation (mid-late afternoon) and had no solutions to the problem. I was unable to replicate under stress condition. I will check the wires as soon as I will decide if I do flakvierling conversion or not. ;)
PS: Thanks for the answer ;)
Regards
Andrea Daviero (Andrew)