Panzer III at the War & Peace show @ Beltring

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer III/StuG III
Sarah Frazer
Been liked: 2 times

Panzer III at the War & Peace show @ Beltring

Post by Sarah Frazer »

Hi Guys,

I got all excited, when at a distance, I thought I saw a Panzer III at the War & Peace show. Getting closer I thought it looked like an Ausf M. Then I realised that it only had 5 Road wheels on each side and the suspension was all wrong. :cry: Someone told me that it had been built for a film and was based on a modern chassis. A friend then mentioned that I was obviously getting too sad, as I could spot the difference! Probably true :wink:

I also saw a couple of the MG34T machine guns which were fitted to the German tanks. Where the standard MG34's were going for £850, the MG34T's were going for £3,400!!! You could get a good tank for that!

Regards.

Sarah
'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

David Makaras

Post by David Makaras »

Interesting.
Last edited by David Makaras on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allan Richards
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Allan Richards »

I spent Friday at the W&P show and was amazed at the price of everythng. The Sexton self propelled gun was for sale, it was in good running condition and had been restored but I think they wanted £78000 for it!! About 15 years ago I remember an Abbot being auctioned at Hollycombe steam which went for £3000 and it was driven off its trailer into the auction ground, so it was a runner. Now you have to pay £5000 for a rusted out Jeep. I guess there must be a very strong market for military vehicles and I'm glad there are people restoring them so we can enjoy seeing them at shows but its too expensive for me.
Allan Richards