Recoil unit

Forum for discussion relating to the Leopard 2a4
Martin Donnison
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 80 times

Recoil unit

Post by Martin Donnison »

Hi Guys, I have fitted the nylon bushes party number CV0423 into part number CV0422. I understand that the barrel slides forwards and backwards inside the nylon bushes. My question is do I need to loctite CV0422 into CV0416.

Thanks Martin.
Attachments
image.jpg

Steve McEvoy
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: Recoil unit

Post by Steve McEvoy »

Hi Martin, been thinking about that as well. I don't see anything on the drawings that explains how to secure the part. Not sure Locktite would be man enough to hold it secure for long with some use. I've been thinking of making a collar to go around the part that sticks out at the back and securing it with screws, maybe locktite as well.

Martin Donnison
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Martin Donnison »

Hi Steve, I was thinking about drilling and taping a hole under the cloth and fitting a grub screw to lock the two parts together.

I know some of the high strength loctites would work.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve McEvoy
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Steve McEvoy »

Will do Martin, at the moment I'm just about to start the second set of tracks so brain fade by the end of the day tomorrow !!
Been jumping about a bit on this one while waiting for stuff to arrive so a bit all over the place but getting there.
You will probably get your mod done first, let me know how it goes please.

Regards
Steve

Chang
Has liked: 15669 times
Been liked: 422 times

Post by Chang »

There are 4 tap holes on the back of CV0416 for locking of Recoil Module later on. IMHO a collar at the same area could have compromised the adding.

Maybe screwing of CV0416 & 0422 from either top or bottom is the way. Just my thought.... :wink:

Regards,
Lerh Chang
------------------------------------------------------------------
Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.....