Sdkfz 222 photo gallery

Forum for discussion relating to the Sdkfz 222
John Fitzsimons
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 553 times

Sdkfz 222 photo gallery

Post by John Fitzsimons »

I retrieved my photos from photobucket and made this photogallery. If you like please subscribe to channel. I hope to get to work soon on finishing the 222 so stay subscribed for updates.

Derek Attree
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: Sdkfz 222 photo gallery

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi John
Very timely, I am in the middle of rebuilding the one I bought from Simon off the forum.
Back to bare metal, repaint new red box drive electronics and at the moment waiting on thick diff oil from modelsport to arrive to rebuild the Diffs.
I'm looking for working scale hinges for the hatches. I reached out to a couple of craftsmen on here, but as yet, no reply as probably on holidays.

Lovely model this I was glad to pick up this one from Simon.

Regards Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

John Fitzsimons

Hello Derek, I have not done anything with the 222 for a while. What diff oil are you using. I got some but didn’t fill diffs yet. insanly heavy oil as far as I can remember, I will be making a lot of components for the 222 in the future. Hopefully get to Weald foundation at some point for a look at their originals.

I am on holidays at the moment. Hence taking the chance to make these photo galleries for Youtube. I probably have some of the hinges I used. Some I think mihht be modified kit hinges.

Derek Attree

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi John
I have ordered 1 million for centre diff and 300,000 for front and rear based on what others have recommended in their
Rebuilds.
I think there is a better understanding today of what's required compared with what people were trying back in 2007 when the kit was released.
I am looking ideally for cast brass hinges like Mark Lawson makes.

Hope this helps.

Regards Derek

John Fitzsimons

When I got the kit there was no diff oil in it. Probably why previous owner lost interest. Don’t think instructions mentioned diff oil?

Derek Attree

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi John
The difference came supplied with grease and people found
loss of traction if a wheel lifted.
Ther was lots of discussion about how to fix it in the end the more recent rebuilds by Mark Lawson and Steve Noris found the oil ratio I mentioned to be the best option so I will go with that.
No point in reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Regards Derek

John Fitzsimons

Yes, I remember reading those posts. I got the appropriate oils and have them in stock. I have a little detailing to fo on my Early Tiger then back to the 222 and Panzer IV. Looking forward to getting the little models running. I am restricted to one Tiger 1 in the car.