Removable rear deck

Forum for discussion relating to the Panther
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1296 times
Been liked: 1511 times

Removable rear deck

Post by Adrian Harris »

I'm looking at refurbing one of the recent Panther kits and wondered if anyone had looked into making the rear deck removable in one piece ?

Looking at the manual, I'm wondering if CH0154 could be mounted to the deck, rather than the hull sides, and then have something installed onto the hull sides to support the deck. At the moment, the four cast vents at the corners are only supported by their inner ends, via CH0153, so flap around when the deck is removed.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

William Gardeniers
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 264 times

Re: Removable rear deck

Post by William Gardeniers »

Hello Adrian

I did it with the rear deck off my Bergepanther , but this was with the universal hull.
With Regards William

David Battson
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 230 times

Re: Removable rear deck

Post by David Battson »

Hi Adrian
I'm not totally familiar with the differences between AT's later panther models construction, but for info the rear deck on my 'A' is not screwed down and can be lifted out without removing the center deck or turret. I've never found a problem with the cast grills moving about, are you able to tighten them up more, if not maybe there's some scope for some small brackets to fix the 'free' ends to the engine deck?
David