Sdkfz Famo

Forum for discussion relating to the Sdkfz 9 (FAMO)
Roy Morton
Been liked: 38 times

Sdkfz Famo

Post by Roy Morton »

Hi everyone, I need a little help, I must apologise for being so thick but am having trouble with my set up. First of all I have purchased a radio etc not brand new but only used once. When I switch it on it comes up with warning throttle high, can I and how do get rid of this. I realise I have to bind with receiver, do I need a separate battery pack and bind key really confused. Thank you in advance for any help.
Attachments
20240703_184921.jpg
20240703_184933.jpg

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1296 times
Been liked: 1511 times

Re: Sdkfz Famo

Post by Adrian Harris »

To get rid of the warning at power up, move the left stick down to the bottom, assuming that's the one on a ratchet.

To get rid of it completely, power up the transmitter with the roller pressed, which should take you to the System Setup menu.

Release the roller and scroll to Warnings, then set Throttle Over to Inhibit I think. I don't have a Spektrum TX handy so can't confirm.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Tim Carr
Has liked: 1907 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Tim Carr »

I also have that transmitter, so I'm also interested in any posts about this.

Thanks

Later Tim
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

florian rudolf
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 637 times

Post by florian rudolf »

Hi,

Adrian is correct so far.
Another option is to re-bind. You need the binding key.

Cheers
Florian

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

The "Throttle High" warning is relevant to aircraft models, where the throttle control goes from 0% to 100%. You would not want the aircraft immediately streaking away and taking off.
For our armored vehicles,we need to adjust the settings to allow both forward and reverse. I have a Spektrum DX9 and found posts here on the forum and on-line allowing me to convert it so both sticks self-centered, and to get the safeties set up.I did a trial-run with the controller on its strap around my neck, 10 times just dropping it and 10 times throwing it away replicating panic mode. Every time it came back to my chest with the sticks outwards which would have brought the vehichle to a stop.