Laser cut steel sprocket rings for universal carrier

Armortek owners can buy and sell 1/6 scale accessories and detail parts. note: Armortek does not necessarily endorse these products and can accept no liability for contractual disputes
Derek Attree
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 151 times

Laser cut steel sprocket rings for universal carrier

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Guys

I Posted this in the Universal carrier section but thought I would add it here too.
Whilst at the Warwick Model engineering show I had a conversation with a company about getting
some laser cut steel sprocket rings made for my universal carrier.

After a couple of samples we have come up with a design of a sprocket ring that is to my liking.

These fit my tracks very well but please note.

These are a different Tooth pitch to the original Armortek kit items but I ordered them to give a better location on my tracks.

My tracks are with the split pins but I have drilled out the holes to 0.8mm from the original 0.6mm holes to try to ease the warp I was getting.

I also tried with a length of track with Daves turned pins and it seems to roll ok.

They need a fair bit of deburing as laser cut steel does and the sprocket mounting holes need clearing through with a drill and
they are 3mm thick mild steel.

I have to say I am not going to be selling them but you can order direct from the company that produced them for me and details are below.

Model Engineers Laser the guys name is Ed.

Sales@modelengineerslaser.co.uk

Telephone 07927 087172

The item number is 34657 (Derek A tank sprocket)

Pricing from Ed is reasonable and will be set by Ed when you order.

Regards

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Laser cut steel sprocket rings for universal carrier

Post by Adrian Harris »

Ed's a great chap - he's done quite a bit of laser cutting for me.

Good to know there's a design available. I'll probably add a couple of sets to my next order.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module