GROUP BUY - LiFePO4 batteries

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
Gian Marco Menozzi
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 320 times

Re: GROUP BUY - LiFePO4 batteries

Post by Gian Marco Menozzi »

Gerhard
the batteries I use on my PzIII,
internally are very similar to yours,
I also made the external connection for charge balancing,
my battery charger has an excellent balancing current if I remember correctly 2Amperes
Regards
Marco

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Gerhard,
I like and admire your solution.
8 modules (3V each cell ) physically split into 2 packs of 4 (equivalent to 2 12V batteries wired in series ) but wired up as 8 modules in series enabling a 24V BMS & charger.
If the space in the model does not allow fitting of a 24V battery, just move the two packs to where 12V batteries would fit.

Gerhard Michel
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 566 times

Post by Gerhard Michel »

Hi Mark,

exactly this was the intention behind this kind of solution. I even had the space to handle a complete eight cell battery, but the 40 Ah cells are rather heavy and the available space was not too big. So it was easier for me to use 2 sets of 4 cells each in the rear part of my tank.

Here the two packs are placed one after the other in the rear compartment of the tank to compensate the weight of the two 500 W motors in the front. In the middle of the hull the 250 W loudspeaker is placed in its box, roaring diagonal to the rear deck vent slots:

kind regards
Gerhard

Tim Carr
Has liked: 1520 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Tim Carr »

I would like to Thank all for their battery input. I just received a King Tiger from Vincent, Hong Kong. Of course, due to International rules "without batteries". So, I need batteries NOW! I may not have gone the best way but followed the post of Neil Graham about "Eco-Worthy" that had a couple of nice follow up posts. As my first time, I'm not ready to rebuild batteries, yet.. We shall see how it goes.
So, I went to the UK link. Thought about it and tried to find a USA link for Eco-Worthy batteries. Found one on evilbay. eco-worthy-us
I don't know the company or anything about them other than the feedback and the fact that they are selling the same battery or so it seems. Plus, on USA evilbay they are having a 20% off Valentines Day sale.
So, for 2 - 12v 30ah LiFePO4 Lithium batteries and a smart battery charger and a monitor/meter with free S&H and with Fla sales tax I paid $195.44. Looks like less than 10 days before everything gets here. Battery, 12v 30ah LiFePO4 Lithium battery cost is $75.39 shipped. Priced without Valentine Day discount.

Well, I hope that everything works out ok, we shall see. I believe that a pair will just fit into the King Tiger.

Enjoy the build.

Later Tim
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Been liked: 867 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Buy in bulk! Go in with your model/golf buddies! Also a good deal if you need to do a little welding on the side...( :-) )!

a '4 pack'...

https://www.amazon.com/LOSSIGY-12V100Ah ... 79-20&th=1
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1384 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

But read the reviews before you buy ...

Adrian
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Been liked: 867 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Adrian Harris wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:37 pm
But read the reviews before you buy ...

Adrian
Yup, it was a poor choice for humor.... :-(
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!