Sdkfz 7 Bump Stops?

Forum for discussion relating to the Sdkfz 7 Half Track
Kenneth Hartsfield
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 3 times

Sdkfz 7 Bump Stops?

Post by Kenneth Hartsfield »

I have recently purchased an older model of the Sdkfz-7 and I cannot find a post I remember seeing well before I bought the model with the subject of adding a set of bump stops to the front to prevent servo over-travel and the associated issues it will cause. Can someone direct me to the post? My search using key words comes up short.

Some key points about the model: The previous owner had replaced the road wheels and both drive motors at some point due to one motor being stripped and lots of wobble in the road wheels. He also had the batteries placement done with one in front and one in the rear which I have opted to place both batteries in the rear and replace the missing weight in the front with lead (7.2lbs/3.3kg). The servo currently in place is the Savox SA-1231SG (388oz @4.8v), for which I have a Savox SA-2290 (555oz @6.0v) ready to place in position once I turn the beast upside down.

The overall shape of the Sdkfz-7 is good and I am still in the process of going through the wiring and mechanics before I add power and run it on the ground. I will post pictures to revive this thread when I can (but first, research about bump stops......)

v/r
Ken

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1341 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Re: Sdkfz 7 Bump Stops?

Post by Adrian Harris »

It was in Simon Manning's first build thread.

viewtopic.php?p=72085#p72085

Not that he ever drives his creations - too much detail for that 8) 8)

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Kenneth Hartsfield
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Sdkfz 7 Bump Stops?

Post by Kenneth Hartsfield »

Adrian,

Thanks for the post. There was another post that showed the actual stops in their final position along with details and that's the one I am looking for.

v/r
Ken