Machine gun

Forum for discussion relating to the M26 Pershing
John Elkington

Machine gun

Post by John Elkington »

Hi
Can anyone suggest the correct machine gun to order from Armorpax for the Pershing turret, including any mounts I may need.

Thanks in advance

John

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 701 times

Re: Machine gun

Post by Robert E Morey »

Dragon kits are nice if you can find em. Both 0.30 cal and 0.50 cal are nicely detailed. Armorpax in UK offer a nice white metal <pewter> kit version of both. East Coast Armory offer a lot of different mount kits (3D printed).

The Pershing came with M2 0.50 cal as standard equipment. Some units added an extra 0.30 Cal M1919 for the Commander on E8 Shermans for extra punch, in addition to the standard M2 0.50Cal.
B

Keith Morgan
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Keith Morgan »

Hi John
I watched the Tony's Workshop video on YouTube where he builds the Armorpax .50 cal machine gun and mount for the M26 turret, and I was inspired to ask Dave Gibb of Armorpax to supply me with the same setup as he'd supplied to Tony. Dave said this kit was his .50 cal machine gun and M23 mount which he had to recast for my order, and he got it in the post to me before Christmas.
The video is number 21 in Tony's Workshop M26 build:

Cheers
Keith

Tim Carr
Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Tim Carr »

John
A few pics of the Dragon kit # 75012 in 1/6 scale. I even took the plastic off and opened the box so we could see the insides.
2 of the pics show what it looks like on a few 1/1 scale rounds I'm going to use out of the 1/1 scale that I built.
Both of the 1/6 kits are a lot lighter.
Note the Dragon kit only comes with a M3 ground mount.

Enjoy the build

Later Tim
My Tiger #131 thread
viewtopic.php?t=9876
50cal box IMG_9636.jpg
50cal inside IMG_9637.jpg
50cal inside 2 IMG_9638.jpg
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Robert Reid »

I just got one of the Dragon kits... Was buying a Welbike kit and the seller had a M2 kit cheap enough (with combined shipping) that I grabbed it.

If you want any details, opinions, etc. Let me know! Glad to provide input. I may use it on a Land Rover project. But I think it's a bit big for the platform. That said, I am sure I'll find a use for it!

As for the Armorpax kit, I have not seen Dave's .50. But if he made it, I am already 100 percent sold on it. Armorpax stuff is always perfect!

Cheers,

RPR

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Robert Reid »

Oh and if anyone needs detail pictures of an M2HB... let me know and glad to post.

I may have one. Live. Because 'Merika! Happy to share details.

Cheers,

RPR

Tim Carr
Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Tim Carr »

RPR
That Welbike kit is also nice in 1/6 scale. My Wife and I got bit by the Military Vehicle bug.
We were looking at buying a pair of Welbikes that had been restored in England. Still thinking about it.
RPR, you are Lucky with a M2HB, I was late to the party and ended up building a M3HB. It was fun sourcing all of the parts for it. The kits had dried up.

If anyone needs good manuals on 50 cals, let me know as I have a couple of friends that reproduce them.

Later Tim

Tims Tiger Beginners Tips
viewtopic.php?p=98129#p98129

My Tiger #131 thread
viewtopic.php?t=9876
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

John Elkington

Post by John Elkington »

Thanks Guys, looks like there are plenty of options
John