Battery Endurance

An unofficial resource of techniques, information and best practice to help you get most from your Armortek model.
Pete Nash
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 164 times

Battery Endurance

Post by Pete Nash »

I know it depends on many factors, such as amp/hour, weight of model tank etc, but how much running time can one expect on something like a Tiger?
1 hour, 2 hours?

Pete

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Battery Endurance

Post by Adrian Harris »

There are just too many variables I'm afraid.

Battery Ah, indoors/outdoors, flat/hilly, driving style, smoker on/off, sound volume, good maintenance of running gear/tracks.

I would hope to get at least an hour outside using 22Ah batteries, but I rarely use the smokers.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Peter Quambusch
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 814 times

Re: Battery Endurance

Post by Peter Quambusch »

Pete Nash wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:46 am
I know it depends on many factors, such as amp/hour, weight of model tank etc, but how much running time can one expect on something like a Tiger?
1 hour, 2 hours?

Pete
Hi Peet, I run a 24 V, 48 Ah LiFePo4 Accu in my Tiger 2 with steel tracks. Last time I charged the battery to 100 % and did 2 x 3 days and 1 x 2 days shows, cross country (Millitracks, Reichshof, ect), no smoker. After that battery was down to 67 %. Total runtime was aprox 2 h per day/event.

Hope that gives you an idea.

Cheers

Peter
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-) A bunch of Tiger and Panther variants, a few 88`s and smaler ones like Hetzer, Stug III, etc. and soon a Leo II