Setting up taranis x9d on my hetzer

Forum for discussion relating to the Hetzer (Jagdpanzer 38)
Robin Stringer
Been liked: 1 time

Setting up taranis x9d on my hetzer

Post by Robin Stringer »

Hi from a newbie have trying to set up the radio and electronics on my hetzer. I have managed to through trial and error have single stick driving. I am now trying to set up sound, elevation, traverse and recoil. Engine start and idle are working on switch SE, but I have no driving sound I nave tried programming the audio unit but doesn’t work. On elevation the barrel when switched on just goes to the to and cannot be controlled. The traverse servo does nothing, recoil unit is not connected yet. I am programming this all on the transmitter have no access to a computer. Help would be much appreciated.
Taranis
Taranis
Taranis
Taranis

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1182 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Setting up taranis x9d on my hetzer

Post by Adrian Harris »

> but I have no driving sound

That sounds like there is something amiss with the wiring between the receiver and the audio module. There should be two Y leads, so that the two track inputs, which seem to be CH2 and CH3 on your set up, are split so that one leg goes to the Audio Module and the other goes to Module A.

If you press the Page button when on the main screen, it takes you to a Monitor screen, showing each of the channels as sliders.
From here, you can see what the TX is telling the RX to do, and how the control affect the outputs.

Are the traverse and elevation outputs centred at power up and do the sticks move them from side to side ?

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Robin Stringer
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Setting up taranis x9d on my hetzer

Post by Robin Stringer »

Hi Adrian thanks for your quick response, this part of the build I’m finding frustrating, I don’t really know what I am doing electronics and computers are not my thing. I have checked the y leads connections and I can’t see anything a miss. On the channel monitor turn and drive a moving.