Motion pack A

All topics related to Armortek's Motion Option Pack
robert sobotka

Motion pack A

Post by robert sobotka »

Hello all, was looking for some advice . This is my first kit . Its a 2019 king tiger. My dad and i had it running . One stick control . Have a spectrum dx6e transmitter. We have only run this kit about 45 min total. The left track does not move now. The motor works , because we switched the power from the right track to the left and it moves when you do this. We put a meter on the plugs from the motor control A box and one has power when you move the stick and one does not . Can anyone tell me if this motion pack A is bad now or if its a programming issue . I have re-bound the transmitter three times now , and it all does the same thing. The turret turn does work as well , even after rebinding . Any info would be helpful as we are stuck at what to do ?

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 835 times

Re: Motion pack A

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Quite a number of points to troubleshoot all at once. If you can obtain a number of servos to plug into your receiver I'd
begin by testing it on the channels you are using. Once you establish your radio gear is working properly then begin to plug your modules
back in their proper places and test functionality.

Do you have circuit breakers or fuses protecting the various motors? Might be worth giving them a check after proving out your RC gear.

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1174 times
Been liked: 1357 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Have you tried swapping the receiver leads over to see if the fault moves ?

I would also remove the Audio Module leads from the Y-leads from the receiver and see if that helps.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

John Clarke
Been liked: 1614 times

Post by John Clarke »

Without sounding too simplistic, disconnect all the connections to the receiver. label the plugs if you need to.
Connect just the Motion pack (A) R/C plugs to the Receiver.
The battery eliminator circuit (BEC) from Motion pack (A) should power up the receiver, you need no other supplies on the receiver.
If your single stick, it maybe be channels 1+2, switch it all back on.
This should give you control of the tracks. If it does, you may have a problem with the Battery eliminator circuit from Motion pack(B) feeding the receiver with another supply, something receivers don't like sometimes.
(Unless you've powering up extra equipment using BEC, there should be enough power from Motion pack (A) alone for you receiver needs.)
Simply disconnect the red wires from Motion pack (B) R/C plugs. fold back and insulate. (Remembering they will always be live 5V/6v+)
If you still don't have control of the tracks, Check the receiver channel outputs with a servo to make sure you have an output.
If the receiver output is ok, and it still does not work correctly, You may need a multi meter to check continuity of the motor wiring connections. Looking for loose or dry solder jointed connections which will cause high resistance or open circuits. I've had a couple with Chieftain, Good luck.
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Steve McEvoy
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Steve McEvoy »

I have had similar problems with the dx6e controller and the red box units, Adrian came over to mine and spent about 3 hours trying just about everything he could and the problem s continued. He connected his taranis x9d+ and receiver and the issues disappeared, seems the red box units do not like Spectrum. Just received a new taranis controlled and receiver, now to try and get my head round programming it!

robert sobotka

Post by robert sobotka »

Thank you all for the info . Will try these out. Thank you so much again. We have a Panther sitting in the basement as well but would like to get this one going 100 percent lol .