Sow Maries Large Model Show

Forum for discussion and arrangements of meetings
Pete Nash
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 164 times

Sow Maries Large Model Show

Post by Pete Nash »

Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome, Maldon, Essex will be having a Large Model Show this year on Saturday 16th September.
The aerodrome is the Last great war Aerodrome in existence with its original buildings in the world.
On site we have Replica B.E,2C and albatross D.Va built by TVAL in New Zealand, a replica Sopwith Tabloid and an Avro 504 built in the 1920's from spares with a wide rear seat for joy riding, these last two are on loan from the RAF Museum.

On 16the September there will be about five hours of displays by owners of Large Scale Flying Models, including jets. Matt and myself will be there with his Tiger and my P.III and Mk.iv, we will hopefully have and early Armortek Tiger.
If any onev would like to join us please let me know, we should have about 500 people come to see us (and the model flying display)

Gary Rafferty
Has liked: 252 times
Been liked: 442 times

Re: Sow Maries Large Model Show

Post by Gary Rafferty »

Pete Nash wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:09 pm
Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome, Maldon, Essex will be having a Large Model Show this year on Saturday 16th September.
The aerodrome is the Last great war Aerodrome in existence with its original buildings in the world.
On site we have Replica B.E,2C and albatross D.Va built by TVAL in New Zealand, a replica Sopwith Tabloid and an Avro 504 built in the 1920's from spares with a wide rear seat for joy riding, these last two are on loan from the RAF Museum.

On 16the September there will be about five hours of displays by owners of Large Scale Flying Models, including jets. Matt and myself will be there with his Tiger and my P.III and Mk.iv, we will hopefully have and early Armortek Tiger.
If any onev would like to join us please let me know, we should have about 500 people come to see us (and the model flying display)
Hi Pete,

I should hopefully have my panther completed by then I would be happy to come to the show

Cheers
Gary

Matt Fidler
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Sow Maries Large Model Show

Post by Matt Fidler »

It really is worth it. Massive running area and lots of people.
A truly great event.