Panther Early idler wheels (Liam Mahoney)

Forum for discussion relating to the Panther
mark lawson
Has liked: 2446 times
Been liked: 435 times

Post by mark lawson »

I have a set of Liam’s outstanding early 600mm idler wheels, these are fitted to Ausf D, A and G. I will be fitting these to my Panther Ausf A build.

To say Liam has added as much detail as possible is putting things mildly, these idlers are built exactly as they were during the war, the idlers have been printed in steel then machined as the original would have been, even leaving imperfections to show on the machined areas again as the real items would have been. The only other person to achive this level of detail was Bodo Langhben RIP. I'm sure he would approve of these idlers.

The alloy end caps were machined by myself and need to be finished off with casting effects and also the addition of heax head bolts as opposed to the allen bolts fitted for the time being.

Over the years Armortek has changed the idler arms on the Panther, Liam has the ability to modify any of these arms to make the idlers fit your model.

I also have a set of Liam’s steel tracks to go with the idler wheels.

If you are interested in these idler wheels please contact Liam for availability and price.

Werkstatt - 5, 1/6 Panzer parts. werkstatt.five@gmail.com
RAG Militärmodellbau
IG Militärmodellbau