Weston WarAG at Middle Zoy Airfield

Forum for discussion and arrangements of meetings
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1341 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Weston WarAG at Middle Zoy Airfield

Post by Adrian Harris »

Another successful show in the West Country.

Thanks to Denny for organising us, Shirley for the cake and David, Geoff, Mark and Steve for the company over the two days. Good to see Mark's now SCC15 Comet and Steve's completed Churchill adding to the Allied tally.

The organisers once again dug us a ditch to make the terrain a little more interesting for us and the visitors. It took a bit of a toll on track links and my KT final drive, so πŸ€‘ for Armortek πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Weather was kind, with sunshine tempered with a light breeze, and the onsite free camping was an unexpected bonus.

Photos to follow once I've crunched and tidied them up.

Adrian
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Mark Weddell
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Weston WarAG at Middle Zoy Airfield

Post by Mark Weddell »

Thank you Denny for a good location & cake. Good company and a catch up with you all.
Along with Adrian's KT track link and drive (they are large!), I had a battery failure on the Comet, thanks for the spare batteries Adrian, and a gear problem with the 'Honey', all round a good day.
Attachments
20230527_105526.jpg
20230527_115054.jpg
20230527_115103.jpg

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

I'm going to get a reputation for sleeping on the job :lol: :roll: :lol:

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 17.48.04.jpg

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

A few pics of the general plot and the cause of the various misfortunes :wink:

The line-up on Saturday, with Mark explaining to David just how big a box of SMS SCC15 paint bottles he had to buy to finish the Comet:

PXL_20230527_142815241.jpg

The trench which was dug by the organisers and which caused the expected, and unexpected, entertainment for us and the public:

PXL_20230527_142828205.jpg

My somewhat sad KT, after chewing the key out of the final drive, and cracking the taper lock bush. Luckily the REME was on hand.
And even more handy was David assisting it up the ramp into the van at the end of the day - for which many thanks.

Steve's great looking Churchill in the background, which he brought out for us on Sunday.

PXL_20230528_141834053.jpg

One quick shot of the passing public enjoying us playing in the trench, with Geoff rearranging things with his lockdown scratch-built bulldozer.

PXL_20230527_090853452.jpg

A good fun weekend, with fifteen running models on display over the two days between us, no duplication, and only two which were not Armortek.

Adrian.

Gary Richardson
Has liked: 713 times
Been liked: 1641 times

Post by Gary Richardson »

Good morning

I went to Warag on the Sunday and was pleased to see the guys with the tanks, it was a good display and fun to watch. Thanks to those I talked to for the advice regarding field charging the batteries, vans etc. Also thanks to Steve for showing me his Churchill and how he had set up the electronics, it has made me realise I will have to plan the installation carefully as their are limited options to how it can be laid out.

Regards
Gary
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs, 2024 Triple span Bailey Bridge, M26 Pershing.