Jagdtiger number of track pairs and track tension

Forum for discussion relating to the Jagdtiger
Brian Ostlind
Has liked: 954 times
Been liked: 2027 times

Re: Jagdtiger number of track pairs and track tension

Post by Brian Ostlind »

I wonder if they will have those parts for replacement I would guess not. Like Dale said you might be able to save it. I hate making catastrophic mistakes so I know how you feel. The best way to avoid that situation is to make sure you don’t force any parts and ease things together with filing and fettling as you fit. Good luck!

Chang
Has liked: 14901 times
Been liked: 371 times

Re: Damage of the gun Elevation Pivot and Gun Sleeve

Post by Chang »

Dale jordan wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 11:17 am
Hi Chang is it a grub screw ? try heating it up and re cut the slot with a hacksaw It should come out if not a grub screw it can be re taped and new pivot made Dale
Hi Dale. The Elevation Pivot (CT0411) is not a grub screw. Heating up and slot-cutting were both tried but failed. Its thread
are already damaged, and of the Gun Sleeve (CT0404) possible too. Until CT0411 can being taken out, no re-taped could be think of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ostlind wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:40 pm
I wonder if they will have those parts for replacement I would guess not. Like Dale said you might be able to save it. I hate making catastrophic mistakes so I know how you feel. The best way to avoid that situation is to make sure you don’t force any parts and ease things together with filing and fettling as you fit. Good luck!
Hi Brian. Like I have mentioned, the original assembly was so straight away and easy without any problem. I should not have taken them apart and tried adding a washer. Once it was stuck there, all hell are loose. All my attempts were ended worse. I still don't understand why did it happened and why is it so difficult to be removed?

Anyway, thanks for your advices. I will try again. Meanwhile, re-order parts is the higher priority.
Last edited by Chang on Wed May 03, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.....

Chang

Post by Chang »

Good news today :

(1) I have finally unlocked the Elevation Pivot (CT0411) from the Slew Pedastall (CT0405) and Gun Sleeve (CT0405).
(2) The Elevation Pivot (CT0411) is only with small damage on the head , not the thread part.
(3) No other damage on both CT0404 & CT0405 found.

1-6 JT-118.JPG
1-6 JT-118.JPG (87.75 KiB) Viewed 2726 times

Still need re-order the CT0411.
Last edited by Chang on Thu May 04, 2023 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brian Ostlind
Has liked: 954 times
Been liked: 2027 times

Post by Brian Ostlind »

That’s great news!

Dale jordan
Been liked: 350 times

Post by Dale jordan »

Well done Chang . How did you do it ? Dale

Chang

Post by Chang »

Dale jordan wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:35 pm
Well done Chang . How did you do it ? Dale
Before yesterday, I have tried deeper-cutting the top slot, spraying WD40, heating-up by hair gun, un-screwed by universal quick grip N snap wrench. All were failed, and that's why the CT0411 head looks so bad, and I guessed the threads of both CT0404 and CT0411 must have totally destroyed. :(

Yesterday I just tried using the universal quick grip N snap wrench again as the last resort. Suddenly it moved, and was finally out. I was glad that the threads of CT0404 and CT0411 are still good. :mrgreen:

The only bad damaged thing is that bloody flat washer I should not had added. :oops: