List of resources

Use this area for an off topic conversations not related to Armortek or Kompact Kits. Please ensure that you abide by the forum rules.
Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 843 times

List of resources

Post by Jerry Carducci »

First let me say I didn't want to run afoul of forum rules and not knowing where to pose this question I decided the least offensive place would be in this 'Off Topic" section.

One of the reasons I decided to join the 1/6 scale circus was what seemed like an endless list of aftermarket bits suppliers. After years of scrambling
after every bit of detail bits for the orphan scale that was 1/10 I thought 'Oh boy' this will be easy street! Not so. I'm still spending gobs of time making tiny bits that my old hands are allowing to drop and disappear on the shop floor. My current FlaK 88 rebuild is a prime example.

The question is: is there a compendium somewhere of current, trust worthy suppliers of after market bit? I know well of several myself such as Armorpax and several of the fine gents here on the forum but I'm curious where and who else is currently in production of accessories for these 1/6 scale vehicles. I know of ECA however many of their bits are resin

We lost Geiβwerk several years ago and I personally relied very heavily on Martin's work for my 1/10 scale models. He added several track sets
to his lineup at my behest. Unfortunately I jumped on the 1/6 scale cart a bit late to benefit from his growing line of 1/6 scale items. He and
his art are sorely missed.

I've come to see that small scale proportional nuts and screws in metric sizes are easier to come by than American SAE types- a reversal from years ago.

Others have posted elsewhere as to the pitfalls of dealing with certain US companies and I heartily concur.

So bottom line is- where a list of good quality aftermarket bits suppliers? I realize Armortek can't nor appear to endorse other makers so offline responses are acceptable.

And lastly if this post is inappropriate please consign it to the appropriate bit bucket..but be kind!

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 2045 times

Re: List of resources

Post by Stephen White »

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8958

Try this for starters.

Jerry Carducci

Post by Jerry Carducci »

How the heck did I overlook that one!

Thanks... :?

jerry

Marco Peter
Has liked: 1141 times
Been liked: 585 times

Post by Marco Peter »

As long as you avoid 'Field of Armor' you'll do just fine with that nice list! :D
'Konan', my Tiger 1 Mid
'Gunther', my Panther G

Jerry Carducci

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Marco Peter wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:50 pm
As long as you avoid 'Field of Armor' you'll do just fine with that nice list! :D
Yes, unfortunately I found that out the hard way...

Jerry