What rivet snap to use

All topics related to Armortek's 25 Pdr
Richard Trilling

What rivet snap to use

Post by Richard Trilling »

In order to finish building my 25 Pounder & 25 Pdr Ammunition Limber, I need a pair of rivet snaps. I'm going to try and use the 1 above & 1 below method for installing the rivets, as opposed to using a ball pin hammer.

Could some one tell what size rivet snaps I need for the rivets of the 25 Pounder & 25 Pdr Ammunition Limber :|

Since rivet snaps are not available in France I'll have to order them from the UK. Brexit makes ordering from the UK difficult, so I don't want to make any size mistake in the ordering. I know I can get them from Polly Model Engineering in sizes going from 1/32" to 1/4". The question is what size do I need?

I've read all the forum comments on rivet snaps but as to the size need for the 25 Pounder & 25 Pdr Ammunition Limber I'm left with some doubts.

Richard

Edited on Friday, 27 January 2023 at 19:17 (GMT + 1) à Paris, France;
sent later.

William Gardeniers
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: What rivet snap to use

Post by William Gardeniers »

Hello i have used Rennsteig nr 2 for 2mm for the 25 pounder. Also Knupfer-grossbahn.de has them
IMG-20180313-WA0014.jpeg
With Regards William

Richard Trilling

Re: What rivet snap to use

Post by Richard Trilling »

William,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll get them from Knupfer, since they will sell the rivet snaps directly to me from their web store. Rennsteig doesn't sell direct; I would have to go through one of their French importers. I checked out a couple of their importers and had trouble locating the rivet snaps on their sites. At my age I prefer simplicity. Getting them from Germany also solves all the problems related to Brexit.

Thank you again.

Richard

Edited on Sunday, 29 January 2023 at 15:10 (GMT + 1) à Paris, France;
sent later.