South West Model Show 11th - 12th February

Forum for discussion and arrangements of meetings
mark lawson
Has liked: 2460 times
Been liked: 435 times

South West Model Show 11th - 12th February

Post by mark lawson »

I was wondering if this event will be supported as usual by Armourtek and also if anyone would be interested in attending. Might as well drum up some support for a worthy event.
Werkstatt - 5, 1/6 Panzer parts. werkstatt.five@gmail.com
RAG Militärmodellbau
IG Militärmodellbau

Steve Norris
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 652 times

Re: South West Model Show 11th - 12th February

Post by Steve Norris »

Hi Mark.
As you know ,I will be going.
Regards
Steve

Will Roberts
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Will Roberts »

I will be going as well and usually go with Armortek to this one.

Regards,

Will.

Peter Quambusch
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 849 times

Post by Peter Quambusch »

Hi Mark,

Andreas and I will go as well.

Cheers

Peter
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-) A bunch of Tiger and Panther variants, a few 88`s and smaler ones like Hetzer, Stug III, etc. and soon a Leo II

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3058 times

Post by Armortek »

Hi Mark (and all those interested in going to the South West Model Show.

Armortek will not be organising an event for the model shows or for the Tiger Days this year. We will make a further announcement about Tankfest after some more discussions with the Tank Museum.

In the past Stephen White has very kindly organised the events, but he is taking a well earned break.

If a group of you are interested in going, and want to go under an "Armortek club", then you will need to appoint one person to act as point and work with the Museum and ourselves on the details.

Kian
Armortek

Chris Hall
Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 635 times

Post by Chris Hall »

As Kian said, there's little appetite for a formal stand / display at the Bovington Model Shows since we were moved from the prime spot in the middle of the Tank Story Hall (where we were very popular with the Public) to the 'outer fringes' where there was very little room. I believe that discussions are underway about how to rebalance the relationship between AT and Bovvy at future shows to our mutual benefit.

But the Model Show remains a good event, and I know that there's a fair few of us going (including some of our European friends). Therefore, I've been in touch with the Events Team to see if we can have a 'social area' where we can get together to chat and swap any tank parts that we've arranged to. Unfortunately this can't be anywhere in the main areas (all booked up !), but they have suggested the far end of the mezzanine / balcony leading off of the restaurant (above the WW1 section of the Tank Story Hall) where there are tables and chairs and is usually pretty empty (although we can't exclusively book it).

So I suggest we gather there at 12.30 on Saturday, which allows time for a first pass around the show. It'll be very informal - no models, no advertising - but somewhere relatively quiet where we can sit, have a break, and catch up over what has already been a long winter. Hope to see some of you there ! Remember that, as this is not an organised event, there are no complimentary tickets, although I think Friends / ex-Military discounts still apply, as well as Annual tickets.

One last thing. I had hoped to tack our little party onto Dave Dibb's Armorpax stand (usually in the Blitzkrieg section of the Tank Story Hall). Dave was keen, but Bovvy wouldn't allow it :(. Dave said he would have liked the company, as he's on his own that weekend ! Therefore, if you're at a loose end on either Saturday or Sunday, please pop to the Armorpax stand - Dave might even ask you to 'mind the shop' for a few minutes while he takes a comfort break :wink:.

Best wishes,

Chris
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

mark lawson
Has liked: 2460 times
Been liked: 435 times

Post by mark lawson »

A number of years ago I had the pleasure of trying to arrange a visit to the museum with our friends RAG Militärmodellbau from Germany. Nothing could be arranged with the museum but or friends from SAG were more than welcoming.

On the other hand RAG Militärmodellbau are welcomed with open arms at Panzer museum Munster, they have been one of the main attraction's throughout the year including real moving tanks during Stahl auf der Heide at the rear of the museum in a small area. since covid I'm not sure if this event is still running.

I will still be there both days and look forwards meeting any member attending and keeping Dave amused.
I believe SAG will be in attendance and have a small running area as usual.
Werkstatt - 5, 1/6 Panzer parts. werkstatt.five@gmail.com
RAG Militärmodellbau
IG Militärmodellbau