Australian museum full scale Jagdpanther video

Forum for discussion relating to the Jagdpanther
Brian Ostlind
Has liked: 956 times
Been liked: 2037 times

Australian museum full scale Jagdpanther video

Post by Brian Ostlind »

I see some definite similarities in this video from Australia between building Armortek models and their full scale Jagdpanther!

graham pipe
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: Australian museum full scale Jagdpanther video

Post by graham pipe »

Hi Brian, have been following the whole series on Youtube and it's great what they have achieved.

They say that one day it will be a runner but, sadly, I think not.

Having been involved with the restoration of The Weald Foundation's JP back in 2002 - 2004, I know how difficult it is to find parts. Engine, gearbox, transmission, carbs, cooling fans/drives, radiators, oil coolers, etc. now nigh on impossible to find. So, have been there and know the scarcity of all. Indeed, torsion bars for the Weald JP were made new in a batch lot by a German locomotive/tank manufacturer (Krauss Maffei who make the Leopard MBT maybe) - for this vehicle, 2 sets for the Wheatcroft Panthers, a set for the late and much missed Jacques Littlefield's Polish river recovered Panther plus a few others. Not cheap then but doubtless astronomically expensive now! The source of parts is now made even more difficult to find by collectors hanging onto their stuff with fierce tenacity and not helped by seriously wealthy restorers willing to pay the earth for such rare parts. The days of the average guy in the street being able to afford to take on such a project died back in the late 1980's...

Part 5 of my 2022 new build Jagdpanther will appear on the Forum soon and feature the Weald JP restoration using personally taken photos - it was the inspiration which drove me to create a non kit Armortek JP thus bringing the number up by 1 to 36 examples.

Have a great New Year everyone.

All the best from Normandy