Never say something is useless!

Use this area for an off topic conversations not related to Armortek or Kompact Kits. Please ensure that you abide by the forum rules.
Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 977 times

Never say something is useless!

Post by Jerry Carducci »

I bought this thing years back. It's a 'miniature' floor jack/lift. I believe the package says it has a capacity of ~110-120 pounds approximately 52-54kg.

Working on the light wiring on my Sd.Kfz. 7 it's just the thing to gain access under the model...

1/6 floor jack?

Be well all.

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Chang
Has liked: 15415 times
Been liked: 403 times

Re: Never say something is useless!

Post by Chang »

------------------------------------------------------------------
Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.....

Jerry Carducci

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Chang wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:57 am
Is it the same thing? :D
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/37432481424 ... R5rYwNCFYQ
It looks similar. I'd have to look at the box mine is in to see what scale they claim it is. Seems a bit large to be 1:18 or 1:24 scale but maybe I suppose
depending on what one compares it to. It certainly has no problem raising the halftrack. It actually was quite handy while I was running wires around....

Jerry

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 1012 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by Stephen White »

They're absolutely not useless. I've got a similar one which makes jacking up my Cent to put it on blocks so easy. Yes, you can lift one end by hand, if you can get to it but on my storage shelving, that's not easy. I carry this little gem in my tool box and have used if for jacking a side to split tracks.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1296 times
Been liked: 1511 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

They are very handy, until you find their limit, whereupon all the magic oil escapes :( :roll:

I need to do an autopsy and find out what failed.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Jerry Carducci

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Yep, I'd be unwilling to push the little thing for anything heavier than this model.

I think I may invest in a low profile hydraulic ram with remote pump to lift anything heavier.

On the USS Hornet where I volunteer the flight deck has some weak spots due to the age of the ship.
When our F4 broke through in one section, the front right landing gear crunched in about 4-5",
during a routine move we were hard pressed to find a way to raise her back up due to the limited
space until an out-sized version of a very squat, VERY powerful ram was brought in and that saved
the day. I was eyeing one such set at a local shop just the other day. Rated at 7 tons I doubt it would
have much difficulty with whatever model I could throw it at.

This was essentially a gag; I found it amusing that I've had this thing in my garage for many years knowing
it was a toy, not a serious shop tool, with limited or no utility other than gag value until I was considering
how I would tilt the model just a bit to allow me to run a few wires along the frame for lights. Realizing
I was only going to just need the model slightly raised and wasn't going to try to lift the entire weight of
it I decided to give it a go. Viola! The little tyke acquitted itself rather well....

Jerry