New Guy, How do you do casting?

An unofficial resource of techniques, information and best practice to help you get most from your Armortek model.
JerryBarnes
Been liked: 2 times

New Guy, How do you do casting?

Post by JerryBarnes »

I'm a new guy here. Never built a tank before. Working on the Sherman. I've been reading all the posts on this site as well as reviewing endless YouTube videos. I see all kinds of references to making the aluminum skins appear casted. I see all kinds of examples of it and descriptions of how to do it on plastic but nothing on metal. I apologize if I missed it somewhere and have asked a question that has been already answered. I'm sure this won't be my last dumb question as I dive into this adventure. Jerry.

Brian Ostlind
Has liked: 957 times
Been liked: 2039 times

Re: New Guy, How do you do casting?

Post by Brian Ostlind »

Casting texture, I did it with super glue and putty.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1384 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

There are links here on how to do surface texture and welds.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5811&p=49306

I found Stephen's technique of a combination of small amounts of high build primer and then gently tapping a Dremel milling cutter against the surface to create pock marks worked well on the M3 drive casing.

viewtopic.php?p=68563#p68563

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

JerryBarnes
Been liked: 2 times

Post by JerryBarnes »

Thankyou guys. I guess I was searching on the wrong combination of words to find those articles.