20 years of Armortek, 2023.

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
simon_manning
Been liked: 1627 times

20 years of Armortek, 2023.

Post by simon_manning »

Hi All, I am sure it's 20 years of Armortek next year, Where's all the old vehicles, are there any owners who still have one of the original Tiger's from the start, any old Photo's, there must be a get together for this anniversary, regards simon.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1341 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Re: 20 years of Armortek, 2023.

Post by Adrian Harris »

I'm afraid you're a little late, as the original Panzer IV drawings are copyright 2001. But if you don't tell anyone, I won't.

Lucky enough to own the prototype Sherman M4A3, two of the original Mid Tigers and one of the original Panzer IVs, plus Graham's which was built from the Construction Manual.

But only one Sherman M4A3 which was bought directly from Gill & Mark.

It would be fun to have a lineup of Tigers and see who could date them correctly.

There's a few things to look out for, if they haven't been completely reworked :wink:

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Charles A Stewart
Has liked: 477 times
Been liked: 880 times

Post by Charles A Stewart »

Hi Simon

Does my PKW IV count?

It was rebuilt prior to my acquiring it a couple of years ago. Had a look again at the huge manual (see below), copyright dated 2001.

Anyway, Adrian beat me to it, I thought I would take a picture of the manual, :D
PKW IV 1.jpg
As Adrian suggests, I won't show the photo of the 2001 copyright, shhhhhhhhh...... :wink:

Cheers all.

Charles
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.

Dan Fuhrman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Dan Fuhrman »

Fellow Modelers,

I am interested in the enjoyable conversations of when/where and what has been built over the years. Does anyone know when AT started numbering hulls and the model years with engravings? It would be nice to reference the particular models; numbers built; over the previous 20+ years of AT.

Happy Holidays to all, Dan

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

There's a post hereabouts somewhere which gives the numbers of models made in the first few years of Armortek.

However, Mark and Gill made up some kits from spares for people who missed the production run, so the actual numbers can get a little blurred.

The original certificates gave the hull number as xx of yy models made. They no longer show the production run figures on the certificates, presumably to keep any potential competitors in the dark.

I'm not actually certain when they started to mark the hulls with the number.

The first Early production Tiger came with a certificate and was stamped on the underside of the turret casting.
The 2009 Panzer III is certainly engraved but I'm not certain if that was the first kit run to have that.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 752 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Ive got an original Shermy. Purchased in 2005. My Panther from 2006. And the PZ4 manual! Added a few more AT kits since then. In it for the long haul! Hopefully can last another 20 years. How time flies.

Happy Holidaze!

Bob

Klaus Uschkurat
Has liked: 2294 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Klaus Uschkurat »

Hallo,

schöner Panther, würde mir auch gefallen

Gruss Klaus

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 752 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Hallo Klaus, Danke. Vielleicht bringt Ihnen der Weihnachtsmann eins. Frohe Weihnachten. :D :D

keithbraun
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by keithbraun »

I certainly hope to see another 20 years, one model will not be enough for me.

Dan Fuhrman

Post by Dan Fuhrman »

Happy Holidays to the Armortek Team!

Christmas came early, I was fortunate enough to purchase a collection of tanks from an estate of a man who had 3 AT vehicles packed away in various boxes and bins. After a week of sorting and organizing - I have been able to get the 3 AT models arranged. But no way to determine what year or number I have? The certificate documents were not available on any of the models.

First the Tiger I, it is in rough shape. The hull was assembled with no suspension, the primer had been applied but not very well, the model has two deck plates, I’m not sure if there was an error in the (original owner) build or a modification from AT that required a new deck? Three sets of tracks were scattered in the boxes, one set seems to be recent and in good shape. The TI came with two sets of assembly instructions (April 03 / April 05 / option Pack 3 August 05). Making it difficult to know what year and number. This will be my test to build this tank with the original parts and any updates that are needed.

Second the Panther G. All new and still in original AT wrapping but not in the boxes, I was able to account for all bags but the Assembly instructions were not found - Ugh, so I will be contacting AT after the new year to find out a bit more about this challenge. A number of upgrades were purchased in April 07, so I may be able to confirm an 07 or earlier build. Any help from the Forum as to how to determine year and number would be a big help.

Third the M2 half track. This is the only one of three that had the assembly instructions and a complete list of parts. All the parts were accounted for and it is dated November 07. Did AT number the Half Tracks?

Pictures to follow, the garage is in disarray and the bride is not to pleased with the purchase, I may not survive the New Year based on the frown on her face.

Happy New Year to All.

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Does the Tiger have feifel air cleaners ? If so, there should be a number stamped on the underside of the turret.

If the Panther has single torsion bars then it's from the first production run, which was 2005.

I don't think the US half tracks had serial numbers. I don't have any numbers listed for the ones in my stash.

I have manuals for all the above.

Adrian

Dan Fuhrman

Post by Dan Fuhrman »

Adrian

The Tiger did not have the feifel system but an aftermarket was included with the parts from Armorpax. NO stamped number on the underside of the turret. Still guessing the number!

The Panther parts are still wrapped in AT packaging, and with no assembly manual, I do not know if it has single torsion bar suspension.

I would be interested in getting a copy of the assembly instructions for the Panther. Let me know what you require?

Dan