OpenTX Receiver Numbers

Covering Transmitters/ receivers, wiring schematics, requests for new options, etc
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

OpenTX Receiver Numbers

Post by Adrian Harris »

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I've only just had this lightbulb moment :shock:

When you bind a receiver to an OpenTX transmitter, part of the process is to send the "Receiver Number" to the receiver.

OIP.jpg
OIP.jpg (12.88 KiB) Viewed 2219 times

It is shown as RXNUM in the above image and is set to 00 by default.

If you bind all your models using this default number, ANY powered up model will respond to ANY selected model on the transmitter, although the rest of the config might not make sense, say if you have a Stug, a Tiger and a Universal Carrier.

So make sure you change the RXNUM whenever you bind a new receiver. And keep a note somewhere so you don't duplicate them.

I'm now going off to renumber all my receivers and then label them with the number and the model to which it is linked :roll:

This explains why I had problems with the M3 Grant at the SW Model Show, as the transmitter was set to a different model but the Grant still seemed to respond to the sticks, albeit in a weird way.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module