Recoil servo

Forum for discussion relating to the Elefant
Phil Young
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 59 times

Recoil servo

Post by Phil Young »

Hi all

I’m setting the limit switches on the recoil assembly, the problem I have is that the servo is not returning fast enough after opening the limit switch, to shut the limit switch before the snail cam completes it’s revolution and shuts the other limit switch. It takes 2 revolutions to stop. I have tried adjusting the limit switch position, which normally sorts it out.
I’m surprised the servo has 2 speeds.. fast out, slow return. Has anyone else come across this, or can offer any advise how to solve it please?

Phil

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1182 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Recoil servo

Post by Adrian Harris »

I've replaced mine with a stepper system so can't help but it does sound like you might have a mix of the old and new recoil systems, as the slow return was announced as a new feature recently.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Phil Young
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: Recoil servo

Post by Phil Young »

Hi Adrian

Oh ok... that makes sense...in that case I’ll have a word with Kian. I thought I’d ask the forum first as I didn’t want to bother him unnecessarily.
Thanks Adrian.

PS: Tip... don’t get your finger trapped between a limit switch and a 35kg servo! 🙄.

Phil.