Road wheels hopping when driving in reverse

Forum for discussion relating to the King Tiger
robert sobotka

Road wheels hopping when driving in reverse

Post by robert sobotka »

Hello everyone . Was just wondering if anyone has suggestions on road wheels hopping when driving in reverse. The idler wheel is a bit off from lining up with the road wheels but it is only the first inner wheel that is hopping , and just in reverse , it does not do it going forward. Also, should the swing arms be all the in towards the hull or should there be some kind of gap from hull to swing arm? Thank you .

robert sobotka

Re: Road wheels hopping when driving in reverse

Post by robert sobotka »

Sorry everyone....this is a 2019 king tiger kit :D

Andy Robinson
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Andy Robinson »

hi robert
good afternoon to you to try and help with your question i have a 2019 kt and my swing arms are tight against hull and ive not experianced road wheel hoping but i have had a little rubbing from rear wheel on to the long wheel hub in front but i hope this down to being new and every thing is tight once ran in i hope this will cease ok good luck to you robert

Peter Quambusch
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by Peter Quambusch »

Hello Robert,

First of all, all wheels and the drive sprocket should be in a straight line. This avoids wheels "jumping" on or over the track horns.
Second, all axles should be flush with the hull.
When the tracks are brand new, there is a bit of "klicking" and "cracking" while you drive them in. This shold get lesser and lesser over time, also depending on the kind of surface you drive (concrete, tarmak, mud, etc..)
Aftter several hours drive time, the tracks should run smoothly without making any strange sounds.

Maybe you want to start with aligning the axles flush to the hull and than drive the KT for some time forward left and right.

Cheers

Peter
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-) A bunch of Tiger and Panther variants, a few 88`s and smaler ones like Hetzer, Stug III, etc. and soon a Leo II

Peter Quambusch
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by Peter Quambusch »

Example of a run in track....
3.jpg
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-) A bunch of Tiger and Panther variants, a few 88`s and smaler ones like Hetzer, Stug III, etc. and soon a Leo II

robert sobotka

Post by robert sobotka »

Hello everyone. Thank you all for your help . Will def make sure all wheels are against the hull . Thank you again for all the comments .
Have a great and healthy rest of the year. :D