Radio Control

Forum for discussion relating to the Universal Carrier
Graham P Hough
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 193 times

Radio Control

Post by Graham P Hough »

OK I admit it, give me an old bike to build and its minimal electrics but I have no idea about modern electrics. Sorry but it is a complete blank to me, so will kind person please tell me how to set up my radio control of my Universal Carrier.
So I have a Spectrum NX6 (I did order the DX6 but sold out) and AR620 receiver. Please tell me how to set up them to conform to Armortek's recommendations for Left stick - rudder channel to control rear (brake) servos. Right stick - elevator channel to control main drive. Aileron channel to central servo. Also having two switches, one for sound (3 positions) and lights (three positions, on side & rear lights, and on side/rear/head light).
All help will be appreciated.

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 323 times

Re: Radio Control

Post by Mark Heaps »

Left stick Rudder and right stick Elev & aileron is Mode 2 so you need to confirm your transmitter is set to that
Best if you post
Left stick
U/D what happens
L/R what happens
Right Stick
U/D what happens
L/R what happens

Graham P Hough
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Graham P Hough »

Good morning Mark
On the Monitor for flight mode 1, there are 7 columns, so currently they show:
LEFT control: U/D LEL in col.5 and AX2 in col.7 L/R RUD in col.2 and RUD in col.4
RIGHT control: U/D THR in col.1 and THR in col.3 L/R LAL in col.6

Confused?

Graham

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Hi Graham,

If you are right handed, I would suggest you put the speed control on the left stick and steering on the right hand stick. So steering would go on aileron and speed on throttle. But you need to change transmitter to mode 2 not mode 1 as that is the normal mode for transmitter we use.

Dennis.