show your Warrooms and workshop 1/6

Use this area for an off topic conversations not related to Armortek or Kompact Kits. Please ensure that you abide by the forum rules.
simon_manning
Been liked: 1574 times

Re: show your Warrooms and workshop 1/6

Post by simon_manning »

Nice workshop, plenty of interesting projects, and some excellent work. regards simon.

Heiko Sattler
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 534 times

Post by Heiko Sattler »

Hi at the Opel Blitz, I have been working for 3 years, it is not a kit, but a scratch built. With an interchangeable platform and radio case, it can pull 80 kg. I'll post a few pictures later. The construction is complete, the only thing missing is color, I paint a tank in the year only too little time.

GlenStenhouse
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by GlenStenhouse »

Heiko Sattler wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:09 pm
Hi at the Opel Blitz, I have been working for 3 years, it is not a kit, but a scratch built. With an interchangeable platform and radio case, it can pull 80 kg. I'll post a few pictures later. The construction is complete, the only thing missing is color, I paint a tank in the year only too little time.
It's awesome. When will you be doing a production run? :)

Adam Osga
Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Adam Osga »

Here's my finally finished baby. Upstairs is the main workshop for small projects, downstairs is for working on the cars. I used to work for an automotive development company and had access to about 45 lifts so I got pretty spoiled during my 20s so I knew that once I could build my garage, it needed a lift. I decided on a double 4 post as it actually wasted less space than a standard 4 post due to the location of the vertical posts (mine lands right next to the center support column) and it's amazing how much space a 2 post can waste in a small garage type environment.

Upstairs has storage and is a workshop for the motorcycles. They can get up there via the cable lift that has a platform of 4'x8'. The lift is also handy for bringing large tank boxes upstairs. My gym is up there as well. It's a pretty simple cross fit type setup although I do just traditional weightlifting exercises. I also have a treadmill and rower up there with a TV that I took from the waiting room of my office (I own the office, I didn't steal it) since no one really is in there anymore due to Covid. Then my little side workshop area is for the tanks and other small models. The mill has arrived and has been put to use and I should have my lathe in January.

Sure beats working in the large closet that I had basically been working out of in the house for many years. It's nice to have my own garage again after damn near 20 years. (OMG, you can see the boxes for the KT, it's been waiting to be assembled for a while now!)

What's really funny about the situation is that each floor of the garage is 40'x40', or total of around 3200 sq feet or a little under 300 m^3. Our house is only 1340 sq feet or 124 m^3. I have a small house with a big barn 10 blocks from downtown Houston. Here's the view out of the 2nd floor windows.

Charles A Stewart
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 781 times

Post by Charles A Stewart »

Hi all.

Been a couple of years of plop, but I found this photo of my garage just after the kits arrived:-
wksp 1.jpg
So I thought I would bring things up to date:-
workshop 2.jpg
workshop 3.jpg
And I still know where things are; not necessarily sure about the security arrangements though :-? :D
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 843 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Part of my shop.

Actually part of my fastener 'collection'. Metrics (mostly) on top and SAE (mostly) on the lower.
The upper shelf is solidly 2 rows deep; the bottom is more 'random'.

Doesn't include all the other fasteners ( other screws and rivets) in the lathe cabinet below...

And I still often don't have the right one... :-(

Jerry
Attachments
SAEs
SAEs
Metrics
Metrics
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Post by Armortek »

How about this for a workshop ....
(on display at the Overloon War Museum in the Netherlands)

A_IMG_4531 (1024 x 768).JPG
A_IMG_4532 (1024 x 768).JPG
A_IMG_4533 (1024 x 768).JPG
A_IMG_4534 (1024 x 768).JPG
A_IMG_4535 (1024 x 768).JPG
Armortek