Mick's StuG 111

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer III/StuG III
michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: Mick's StuG 111

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Roy and Yves, thank you for your advice. I have used Araldite Rapid two part epoxy to fix the etched panels, with excellent results. I will have a go at fitting the small rivets. Thanks again, ....Mick
Attachments
IMG_2034.JPG

Björn Johansson
Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 403 times

Post by Björn Johansson »

Another enjoy to read and see keep up the good work.
Kind regards from Björn

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning all, something for the weekend sir......I decided to change the single stick drive system on my StuG to my more familiar twin stick control.
I disconnected all the Rc leads from my Rx and started from scratch.
I connected the right stick to throttle and the left stick to aileron. I reprogrammed my DX6 to control the new setup. Both motors have full control and run as requested...no problem.
For some reason when connecting the Audio Module to the Rx....I do not hear the 'Beep'. The speakers are connected correctly. I have tried plugging the Audio Module lead in to all the available Rx pins, to no avail.... I have lost my 'Beep'.
I have tried various combinations. the sounds have disappeared. I know I will have to reprogram the Audio Module.....however where has my 'Beep' gone....
I am long past the stage of being or feeling embarrassed, so give it your best shot.....I am using my trusty DX6 and matching Sport Spectrum Rx.... Mick

PS, I have turned the volume up....you're not catching me. :wink:
OK, panic over.....watched the footy.... then decided to try again....checked all connections, this time making sure the lead into the Audio Module is fully home...result. All is well....

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good afternoon everyone, well.....the old girl is finally on the ground or be it , not without trauma :roll: . Yesterday I decided that we needed to move the Stug into the garage for final details and weathering.
Now, this I do not understand.....I switched on my Tx, I switched on the Rx, ok so far....suddenly and without my command the Stug moved towards the end of the table....I quickly put the Tx down and tried to stop the tank...I lost the battle. I wished later that I taken a photograph. The StuG was wedged between the table edge and the dressing room drawer...... hanging in mid air. I crawled under the table and out into the garage returning with my M/C lift. It's a small lift so I was able to place it beneath the tank. If you look at the photo, you can just see the marks made by the cone bolts on the front of the dresser drawer.....never mind, she is safe, I am safe, the world is.....another place. I have no idea why she moved, I did not tell her to move....My garbled mind is much to old to even try to work it out. I am happy that neither myself or Mrs StuG are injured....Mick
Attachments
IMG_2058.JPG

John Clarke
Been liked: 1622 times

Post by John Clarke »

Maybe, now that it's running again the Third Reich wants it back :lol:
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 6945 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

Good to know that you and it are ok Mick! I've had one or two leap off the lift, I know Mark Watkins had at least one tiger do the same with no damage I might add.
Our first instinct is to grab the vehicle and hold it back but they are far to powerful and heavy to stop, unfortunately I guess one day someone will get hurt! :(
Keep safe Mick, regard Phil.
Last edited by Phil Woollard on Sun May 09, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Thanks Phil and John, it is possible that the Tx had not bound with the Rx. I could not reach the remote switch and hold the tank back. Although the small table is melamine covered, there was no way I could hold her back. Once on the move the Stug trundled relentlessly forward. The dresser is an old unit from twenty years ago. The tank dropped the leading edge right on the edge of the dressing table, shearing off the drawer handle. Anyway all's well that ends well. Like most things in life....treat them with respect, and they won't bite back.
She is to be relocated in the garage for weathering and final details. I have to say, all in all, a most enjoyable build......Mick
Attachments
IMG_2060.JPG

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Hi Michael,
I note in your posts you went from single-stick steering to 2-stick.
Did you set up the fail-safe settings again after doing so ?

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Mark, now, you may have hit the nail on the head...I did change to two stick driving, could not get the hang of one stick driving .....I will gather my wits and check the Tx.....thanks, Mick

Roy Beukeveld
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Roy Beukeveld »

That was a scary event.... glad to hear everything is okay.
Maybe a wrong fail safe setting caused the unwanted motion?
Kind regards,
Roy

Björn Johansson
Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 403 times

Post by Björn Johansson »

Whow :!: :!: :o Glad you could save it , must been a :shock:
Kind regards from Björn

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Afternoon all, thunder and lightening outside, heavy downpour...with the help of the tank fairies I moved the StuG into the garage....Mick
Attachments
IMG_2061.JPG
IMG_2073.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning, weather wise, cold and wet. The StuG has been re-located for further additions and paint, far to cold in the garage. On the final lap, I can feel a 'winter' wash coming on....she is up on blocks and batteries disconnected :roll: ....Mick
Attachments
IMG_2078.JPG

David Brady
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 625 times

Post by David Brady »

Great job Mick

Cheers

John Clarke
Been liked: 1622 times

Post by John Clarke »

Lovely job Mick, I'm guessing this will be a favourite model.
There's got to be a soft spot for this model which looks good from any angle.

Also, like the X craft behind, your very own personal nucular deterrent 8)
Have you been for a bum puckering dive with it yet :lol: or is it a just bath time interest :D
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type