Armoured doors

Forum for discussion relating to the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost and the 40/50hp Engine.
Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Armoured doors

Post by Mark Heaps »

My father could do with some advice on the armoured doors. We think they should open further ( photos from other people on the forum indicate so ) but we cannot work out what is wrong. All ideas greatly welcomed.
Mark
EPO 419 Front doors.jpg

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Armoured doors

Post by Adrian Harris »

I don't have a Rolls kit but from this picture it looks as though the mounting holes for the radiator block are offset, so have you checked you have this part mounted the correct way round ?

IMG_1351.JPG

With thanks to Mick Hilton for his diligence in photographing his builds :D

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Tony Heaps
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Tony Heaps »

Good idea and thanks for the response , it is much appreciated , I have just checked the model and yes I do have the radiator located as per your phot o, A and my son are really puzzled by this
Thanks and regards
Tony

Mark Heaps

Post by Mark Heaps »

Many thanks for the replies so far. I do not have eyes on at the moment. The kit and my father, Tony, are in UK, I am in Germany. I started this thread because Tony could not work out how to attach a photo so I did it. A top-down photo of another model showing wider opening would give us some indications of what is wrong.
At the moment it has me puzzled.
Mark

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning Mark, I have only just picked up on your problem, I should read all the posts, anyway, reference the 'doors' issue, your set up appears to be the same as mine. I will run my Rolls Royce model this morning and check the doors. The only point I would make is to check the 'servo travel'. As you are aware moving the connection on the servo arm improves the opening distance, of the doors. I will post again later this morning. Mick.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Tony, a quick check of the door mechanism. My part number EPO522 is set on the second 'hole' down on the servo arm. At the moment this is the only area I can see that offers more movement. There does not appear to be much difference between my doors and yours. Mick
Attachments
IMG_1875.JPG
IMG_1874.JPG

Tony Heaps

Post by Tony Heaps »

Thanks for the info and the photo ., I agree doesnt seem to be a lot of difference so perhaps I have them correct ,being so new to Armortek I tend to think it is my fault if something doesnt seem right , However the forum is great for imformation

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Tony, yes, I would guess that if you need the doors to open further then extend the part EPO522 with a similar metal strip. Maybe opening the doors further means less protection for the radiator. Try a short extension on EPO522 and see how it looks . Mick

Mark Heaps

Post by Mark Heaps »

Many thanks for all the replies. If it is correct that the doors should only open up that far then all is fine. Photographs of other models on the forum seemed to indicate otherwise.
Mark

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Robert Reid »

May take me a couple of days to look up, but I can post the pictures from the RR Parts manual if that will help.

Cheers,

Sirhr

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning Mark, I have removed the top plate and engine covers on my Rolls, for a clearer view. From my perspective I cannot see how you improve the door opening, it is restricted by the part EPO520. It may be possible if Tony tries adjusting the servo travel. I moved part EPO522 on my servo arm, with little difference in the travel. We must however, protect the 'rad' from snipers. 8) Mick

Tony Heaps

Post by Tony Heaps »

My grateful thanks for all the responses , now I know it is not me being an idiot , well at least not on this occasion !