Chieftain turret turn motor strange behaviour on initial switch on

All topics related to Armortek's Motion Option Pack
michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Re: Chieftain turret turn motor strange behaviour on initial switch on

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Adrian, reference your post, just to say I had a problem with my Grant and the new 'red' boxes. As advised by your good self I removed one red power cable into the receiver because the receiver was taking 'two' 5v supplies. This solved my issue. Mick

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3006 times

Re: Chieftain turret turn motor strange behaviour on initial switch on

Post by Armortek »

Mark Russell wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 pm
Hi I have made a significant development hopefully in respect to this issue. If I disconnect the turret plug then this issue does not happen 😀😀😀. I can turn on and the turret motor remains stable. Reconnect the turret plug and the fault occurs again. So next step leave the turret plugged in and disconnect the power supply to the 5 volt voltage regulator used to supply the recoil unit. I can turn on the main power switch and the turret motor doesn’t turn. Reconnect the recoil power supply and the turret motor turns on main switch on.

So it has to be something to do with either the 5 volt power supply and/or the recoil unit. Any thoughts guys...
If you are still having issues then suggest you drop us an email and we can work through this.
We have used various Spektrum transmitters and receivers over the last few months for custom builds and have not seen the issue you have.
Kian
Armortek