Famo: Go! Don’t go!

All topics related to Armortek's Motion Option Pack
Phil Crowther
Been liked: 10 times

Famo: Go! Don’t go!

Post by Phil Crowther »

Coming to the end of my Famo build and am installing the MOP. Wired up as per the manual the winch motor is running as soon as I power up the system (even before being paired to my transmitter).
Also unable to get the main motors to respond to the Tx. Moving the stick produces a small, relay type click from the bowels of the MOP but nothing from the motors. Can you help?
Phil

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3007 times

Re: Famo: Go! Don’t go!

Post by Armortek »

Hi Phil,
Couple of things:
- You should never power on the electronics without first turning on the transmitter (and making sure the receiver is bound to the transmitter). Doing so can result in erratic behaviour of the electronics and, in an 80kg model can be pretty dangerous.
- Can you upload some photos of your bench test setup - specifically of the rc lead connections.

thanks
Kian
Armortek

Phil Crowther
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Phil Crowther »

Hi Kian,
I’ll sort out some photos soonest.
Phil

Gilbert Pun
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Gilbert Pun »

Phil Crowther wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:00 am
Coming to the end of my Famo build and am installing the MOP. Wired up as per the manual the winch motor is running as soon as I power up the system (even before being paired to my transmitter).
Also unable to get the main motors to respond to the Tx. Moving the stick produces a small, relay type click from the bowels of the MOP but nothing from the motors. Can you help?
Phil
Seems it is similar to my case of using Futaba 18sZ to the Quad C8 as discussed in the topic of "Re :Transmitter Systems" as in Official Technical Advice from Armortek of this Forum.

Wishing you all the luck in pairing up and be able to run the Famo very soon.