Where are the half tracks ?

Forum for discussion relating to the M2/M3 and M16 US Half Track
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1296 times
Been liked: 1511 times

Where are the half tracks ?

Post by Adrian Harris »

I'm off to pick up my half tracks tomorrow but I'm surprised by the lack of traffic in this forum,
especially as the M2/M3/M16 is now sold out.

David's is the only one I've seen "under construction" so where are the others :?:

Having said that, I'm afraid mine are likely to disappear under the bench until such time as I've
got the Shermans and Tiger re-assembled :oops:

Adrian.

Ad Wouterse
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Ad Wouterse »

Hi guys,

No worries, the half tracks will appear in due course.
Mine is still under the bench :roll:
Cheers,
Ad

Yves Maurice

Post by Yves Maurice »

Hello gentlemens!..
Mine is always in the boxes...(An M3 )Until I will have more time to build it! :oops: ..Perhaps my next vehicule after the 222....
I have a basic question: someone can tell me where I could find the turret for the browning machine gun?I will probably add one on my halftrack... :lol:
Cheers...
Yves

Ad Wouterse
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Ad Wouterse »

Hello Yves,

Take a look at the Armorpax site. They have a nice range of mounts and cradles ( http://www.armorpax.com/Armorpax/WWII%2 ... pdates.htm )
Cheers,
Ad

Yves Maurice

Post by Yves Maurice »

Thanks ad....

Raymond Glover
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Raymond Glover »

:D
Hi Everyone,
I have just received my 222 and US halftrack kits. I am in Las Vegas Nevada and wondering if there is anyone else in the area who also has 1/6 scale vehicles. I am just starting my kits now and am very excited about running them out here in the desert. I have been scratch building 1/10 scale Shermans and have several Wittgrebe models in 1/10 scale. Hope to hear from someone.
Ray

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Hi Ray, welcome to the crew. I'm sure anyone and everyone would love to see some pix of your scratchbuilds as well as progress on the Armortek kits you've just bought.

Mike Stannard is in Las Vegas area (sorry to name drop Mike). See his posts in the Craftsmans Market section if unfamiliar with his work.

Welcome to the forum. Bob

Dale jordan
Been liked: 411 times

Post by Dale jordan »

Welcome to the forum Raymond from the over side of the world . Which to build first ...??? 222 or M2 , 222 or M2 . . I would like to see some photos of your 1/10 sherman as I'm building a 1/6 armortek M4A3 . Raymond would you mind , E mailing me some photos . As it's best to keep the forum 1/6 . markjordan@tsn.cc . Dale

Raymond Glover

Las Vegas builder

Post by Raymond Glover »

Hi,
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome to the forum. I am starting on my 222 first and then will do the M2. I have decided to build the M2 with the pulpit mount 50 cal machine gun so as to be on par with the 222. Eventually I will have 4 vehicles (Panzer III on order and a Stuart in 1/6 scale from Bevan Johnson). I will be doing all these vehicles in desert motif. I will be using the very detailed pictures from "toadman" for a guide to assemble these. I don't know if you have seen these discs, but they are very well done. I have the discs for the 222, M2halftrack, Matilda, and StugIII. I purchased these for about $10 each on ebay and they show hundreds of color photos of restored vehicles from various collections. You can look at examples on his website at www.toadmanstankpictures.com or you can find them on ebay. I will keep everyone posted with my progress. If anyone is interested in seeing my 1/10 shermans, I can email pics and a short video directly, since I don't know how to post on this site.
Ray

Tim Bowman
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Tim Bowman »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to renew Adrian's original question.

Where are all the Ami half tracks?

regards
Tim
"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." – Erwin Rommel

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

I second that Tim! This forum catagory has been dead for some time! C'mon people show us some ha'tracks! :D

simon_manning
Been liked: 1614 times

Post by simon_manning »

just a small offering,i bought complete,at the open day,on my daughters clothes storage cupboard,never moved it since,they are a great kit,

simon manning

Allan Richards

Post by Allan Richards »

That looks good. Is it a static model stuck on top of the shelves like that?

I've yet to see one of these run, so how do people feel they perform?
Allan Richards

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1296 times
Been liked: 1511 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

> Is it a static model stuck on top of the shelves like that?

Judging by the pulpit that's David's halftrack, so it's definitely a runner, though there's not much room for manoeuvre up there :!: :!:

> I've yet to see one of these run, so how do people feel they perform?

I had a play with the demonstrator at the open day and, apart from having a turning circle the size of a small country :shock: , it performed very well.

As to the original question, I have to admit to having two "under the bench" myself and, as I'm currently sharing my time between work, two Shermans, a Tiger and a 222, they're not likely to be seeing the light of day for a while :?

Adrian.

Dale jordan
Been liked: 411 times

Post by Dale jordan »

Hi Simon . I'm amazed every time i see a post of yours , all these new models turn up , either a kit , half built or a second hand model . can we have a list of what you have ?? , or will your wife read this posts ... Dale