Engine L60 for Chieftain

Forum for discussion relating to the Chietain MBT
Steve Norris
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 642 times

Re: Engine L60 for Chieftain

Post by Steve Norris »

Hi Phil
Excellent, looking forward to seeing the finished assembly in your Chieftain.
Regards
Steve

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 2045 times

Post by Stephen White »

Happy Birthday Ivano, (if FaceBook is to be believed). Stephen

Ivano Costantini
Been liked: 734 times

Post by Ivano Costantini »

The engine was shipped to Phil yesterday.
I started mounting to see if corrections are needed. Unfortunately Phil needed the engine to continue the job, so he will have to do these checks on the tank.
Something I have never said, but I take it for granted that you have already understood it, is that in design I have given greater importance to the overall appearance of the engine. I have not deliberately given importance to the movement of some parts.
This was necessary because, due to the constraints due to tank measurements, the engine could not be made in the exact 1/6 scale, so I gave priority to a logical proportion of the various pieces. This, unfortunately, implies that the large brackets that support the radiators cannot completely close. I should have enlarged everything, but in this case there would have been no space or I would have had to make parts with disproportionate measures.
However, overall, I think it is an excellent result.
I would appreciate your comments and criticisms. Thanks!
Attachments
DSCN6411.JPG
DSCN6412.JPG

Ivano Costantini

Work in progress, overall view of the engine
Attachments
DSCN6413.JPG

Ivano Costantini

The engine for the Chieftain tank, L60 Leyland, is complete.
The kit consists of 33 parts in resin, 21 parts in 3D sintered nylon, 206 screws, 6 nuts and decals. The engine measures 28.8 cm in length, 23.5 cm. wide and 5.3 cm. high at the front flywheel. Compatible with the measurements provided by Armortek. The construction does not involve any difficulty, as always just a little patience and study the photos first.
The lifting rods and the valve on the right tank are not included in the kit.
I'm looking for an agreement with the laboratory that supplies me with the 3D pieces. I'll tell you the cost soon. I, as always, do not publish the prices, I will send a PM to all those who have posted on the forum. Other interested people can always contact me with an email.
It has been a long job because of the inaccurate scale and, unfortunately, the events that have involved all of us. I hope you like it and reflect your expectations. I thank all those who wanted to collaborate by giving me information, first of all Mr. Kian of Armortek.
Thanks! Ivano
Attachments
DSCN6444.JPG
DSCN6445.JPG
DSCN6446.JPG
DSCN6448.JPG
DSCN6449.JPG
DSCN6450.JPG
DSCN6451.JPG
DSCN6452.JPG
DSCN6453.JPG

Ivano Costantini

Criticisms and suggestions will be welcome
Attachments
DSCN6454.JPG
DSCN6456.JPG
DSCN6437.JPG
DSCN6459.JPG

Ivano Costantini

Dear gentlemen friends,
as already said the engine is ready.
The sales offer is also ready.
Before I let you know the price, I wanted to wait for Phil to finish installing the engine in the tank. Until now, from what we can all see in the forum, it seems to me that there are no problems. Chiaramende Phil, has done a "superhuman" job creating a myriad of exceptional and unimaginable details for a modest producer like me. I, as requested by the customer, I made only the upper part of the engine respecting the measurements and therefore the spaces, communicated by Armortek, which I still want to thank. So from this information I can say that there is enough space to house the engine. Those who want to implement with the details made by Phil, will only have to follow his work.
I have reached an agreement with those who supply me with the 3D parts and also an agreement with the post office for a multiple shipment.
I anticipate that, if we can collect 20 or more reservations, from the cost per single engine, I will be able to apply a discount of over 25%. I guarantee you that, in my opinion, it is a great price. I will have few profits, but it will be a great pleasure to know that many tanks will have my engine. As soon as Phil gives me the OK, I will communicate the price, hoping to easily reach the goal of the 20 engines.
Trusting in your availability, I thank you in advance and I offer you cordial greetings, Ivano
Attachments
DSCN6481.JPG
DSCN6472.JPG

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 1703 times

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Hai fatto grande cose con quel motore.

You have done great things to that engine.

Vince

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 2045 times

Post by Stephen White »

Congratulations Ivano, it’s very atmospheric and a very skillful piece of work.

Ivano Costantini

Thanks for the many PMs and emails.
DO NOT SEND MONEY!
Sorry but maybe I didn't explain myself.
The current booking is not binding, it does not bind the purchase!
It only serves to be able to formulate the lowest possible price. Next week I will communicate to everyone who has booked the engine, how many have been sold and the price I can charge. Anyone interested will confirm the purchase with a 50% deposit. I will not postpone the booking later. Everyone will go on vacation shortly. If I don't plan right away, the labs close, nothing can be done before September.
Thanks and sorry again if I hadn't been clear. Ivano
of.mod.ve@gmail.com

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2223 times
Been liked: 6945 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

I think the photos tell the story that your L 60 engine slice is successful! It would be more simple to fit as you supply it, and as you said if customers want any pointers they can follow my thread. 8)
Well done Ivano another very nice addition to your model engine collection.

If I get a quiet period I may be able to offer the gearbox, exhaust box and associated parts printed in pla for you to finish. I may even offer a complete pack L60 on a pallet to display alone side your Chieftain. I will need to discuss this with Ivano and Vince.

If any of you guys are interested please pm me.

Regards Phil
Last edited by Phil Woollard on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.

Ivano Costantini

Fantastic idea, whoever wants to further complete my engine, will be able to purchase additional details from you.

Ivano Costantini

On the last day, tomorrow, I close the reservation for the purchase of the L60. If someone still wants to participate, last hours available to do it.
Thanks Ivano

Ivano Costantini

Dear gentlemen friends,
i believe that the reservation can be considered completed.
In light of the numbers collected, it is with regret that I inform you that I will not be able to exercise the lowest price.
The engines sold are less than 15. To confirm the purchase please pay the deposit by Sunday. The balance before shipping (I hope before August 15). Please pay with the formula "transfer money to friends" otherwise I refuse the payment, alternatively you must add 6.5%. You can also pay by bank transfer. I have communicated to everyone the cost of the purchase, but if I have forgotten someone, please contact me again.
By Sunday I also accept latecomers, we are very far from 15 units. For a check on the number of engines sold, I cannot list the buyers for privacy reasons. If you want to check it, declare the purchase in the forum. Thank you all for your patience and collaboration, I remain available for any information.
Please communicate the shipping address.
My PayPal is: ivano.costantini@alice.it
I hope you understand what I wrote. Thanks again Ivano

David M Wilks
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by David M Wilks »

Thanks for all your research and hard work Ivano, deposit sent .Dave W