FINALLY Painted My Panzer IV After 3 Years

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer IV
Mike Conley
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 181 times

FINALLY Painted My Panzer IV After 3 Years

Post by Mike Conley »

Almost three years ago I purchased an unbuilt Panzer IV (a 'G' model) from a seller and built it. I couldn't decide on WHAT colors to paint it so since then I've just been driving it around in the basic 'factory' yellow. It's just had that base color on it since then.

We're going to have the FIRST U.S. Armortek Meet in Danville Virginia on Sept. 7 so about a week ago I figured I should 'Get Off My Lazy Butt' and do a final paint scheme and maybe it'd look a little more 'presentable'. I decided on the Afrika Korp so I repainted the base coat to that 'desert mustard yellow' then added the weathering/markings.

This is pics of before (the color for three years) and after. I still have to finish painting the rest of the tools and putting them on. This painting has been a learning experience for me but I don't think it turned out too awful bad.
Attachments
MVC-170S.JPG
MVC-170S.JPG (39.31 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
MVC-181S.JPG
MVC-181S.JPG (40.68 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
MVC-180S.JPG
MVC-180S.JPG (39.88 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
MVC-179S.JPG
MVC-179S.JPG (40.49 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
Armorteks: King Tiger, Tiger 1, Panther G, Panzer IV, M4A3 Shermans x2, M3 Lee, Pershing, Sd Kfz 7, Pak 43.

simon_manning
Been liked: 1574 times

Re: FINALLY Painted My Panzer IV After 3 Years

Post by simon_manning »

Looks effective, not too much, worth a well done, not easy items to look authentic, regards simon manning.

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Fantastic weathering. To me, exactly what a well-used but not abused tank should look like. Paint scuffed by boots in the areas used when climbing onto and off of the vehicle but no major oil leaks or rust. Looks perfect.
Mark

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 701 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Looks great Mike, very nice paint and weathering. Wish I still had my Pz 4! :(

Perfect for battling that lovely M3 in the desert!
Bob

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Robert Reid »

Absolutely beautiful!

Your paint and detail are amazing.

I do great at machining and technical stuff of angles, fits, nuts bolts. But cannot grasp the artistry you guys have of being able to put on a paint job that just looks like the real thing!

This is in an incredible job and I hope someday that I can take my engineer mind and manage to achieve some of you folks' artists skills when it comes to making a box of bolts... into a work of art!

Great paint job!

RPR