Haynes RR Workshop book

Forum for discussion relating to the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost and the 40/50hp Engine.
Christian Steinhauer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Haynes RR Workshop book

Post by Christian Steinhauer »

Hello,

I don't know if it's from interest, but I saw yesterday at Bovington museum shop that they sell the Haynes RR workshop books for 4.99 £.
Have fun building, Kind regards
Christian

Chris Hall
Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 655 times

Re: Haynes RR Workshop book

Post by Chris Hall »

I saw the same thing on Saturday ! It would have been rude not to buy one .....

Shame we didn't meet up !
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

Christian Steinhauer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Christian Steinhauer »

Hello Chris,

yes, just back. We only stay a week and it was a rush through your nice Island. It was more a trip to show my kids 13/15 language and country and fulfill my old wish to see the tank museum. So we boys visited Bovington on thursday and on sunday, we have a little time on our way back to the ferry. I'm very impressed of the museum and collection. I have to the thank for the tip with Dudleddor, it was a nice day on the beach. I went a little bit read. I swear, next visit we will plan with more time :D

I bought the Haynes workshop on the Pz.III and after reading the first pages I recommend it. A lot of detailed pictures from the III's in Bovington.
Have fun building, Kind regards
Christian

Robert Reid
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 446 times

Post by Robert Reid »

The Haynes book is a gem! Lots of great pictures and details for the model builder.

There are actually a number of small errors in the text, but if you did not work on the 1:1 versions every day, you would not notice, nor would it matter. The author from the Tank Museum did a phenomenal job on it. And it is a bargain!

The best materials are the interior detailing tips and some of the photos such as the 'self-starter' and the magneto on the firewall, etc.

Highly-recommended book for anyone building the Armored cars.

Also recommend Col. Eric Barrass' book published by the Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust and another one that does not have a lot of pictures, but really tells all the fun history of the squadrons from a worms' eye view, Steel Chariots in the Desert by Sam C. Rolls (no relation to Charles Stewart Rolls).

Cheers,

RPR