Sound Set Up DX6

Covering Transmitters/ receivers, wiring schematics, requests for new options, etc
Allan Shannon
Been liked: 10 times

Sound Set Up DX6

Post by Allan Shannon »

Colleagues

I have struggled for a day trying to get the sound set up but to no avail. All connections are correct, even tried the aux1 instead of gear on the receiver and that did not work.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have the newer version of the sound module and a Spektrum DX6 with AR6600T receiver.

Many Thanks Allan

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 2045 times

Re: Sound Set Up DX6

Post by Stephen White »

Allan, have you looked at the Knowledge Base here:

http://www.armortek.co.uk/Forum3b/viewt ... 229869c294

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 1700 times

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Allan

All my notes on the audio setup for a DX8 are here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6937&start=585

Hopefully it shouldn't be too different for a DX6. As Adrian mentioned in another thread it is important to use a 3 position and not a 2 position switch on the transmitter for audio selections.

Vince

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Vince's link above should give you the information you need. The Knowledgebase one is more about using an encoder, so probably not relevant in your situation.

Have you used the Monitor function on the transmitter (scroll the roller right to find it) to check that the switch is doing what you expect and on the correct channel ?

Can you plug a servo into the receiver to show that the right port on the receiver is responding to the switch ?

Does the Audio module beep when powered up ?

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Allan Shannon

Post by Allan Shannon »

Thanks For the responses colleagues, I have tried Vince's advice but it does not work for me. I have email Kian for advice as I know they test on the DX6 so hopefully he has the solution, as I feel it is something simple. The green light on the sound module comes on and beeps when button is pressed the read light on the other board is on also.

Will keep you all updated!

Once again many thanks for the help and advice, now back to the sound set-up again. :?

Allan Shannon

Post by Allan Shannon »

Quick Update.

I somehow manages to get a sound of sorts but only one which was engine sound, but only one motor would turn ( I have one stick control). So disconnected the sound module from motion control and both motors run in one stick?

This tell me that this is a settings issue, why so bloody difficult!
Allan

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Of only one track worked with the Audio Module in the circuit, then that points to a wiring issue, as the Audio Module only listens to the signals to the motors, and they should work when plugged through the Audio Module, even if it is not switched on.

The control connections between the Audio Module and the Motion Control Module don't follow a particularly straightforward sequence.

If you have the motors working with just the Motion Control Module, then you ought to be able to follow these steps and still have the motors working.

1) Unplug the receiver wire from RC Input 3 on the Motion Control Module and plug it into RC Connection 1 on the Audio Module.

2) Then make a connection from RC Connection 3 on the Audio Module back to RC Input 3 on the Motion Control Module.

3) Unplug the receiver wire from RC Input 4 on the Motion Control Module and plug it into RC Connection 4 on the Audio Module.

4) Then make a connection from RC Connection 5 on the Audio Module back to RC Input 4 on the Motion Control Module.

The motors should still work as they did before. If not, you make have a faulty cable.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Allan Shannon

Post by Allan Shannon »

Adrian

Success of sought? Got the engine noise with both motors running but cant get any of the other effects. When I start up I press the toggle switch up engine starts do it again engine sound stops. So I tried the gun noise which is 3 when I push the toggle switch up position the engine noise stops?

At least I am getting noise! :)

Vince Cutajar

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Allan

Are you using a 3 position switch for the sound selection?

On mine I toggle the switch up one time. Put switch back to middle position. Toggle switch down and back to middle position and the engine start sound is heard. Toggle up 3 times. Toggle down and gun fires and engine sound is still there.

Vince
Last edited by Vince Cutajar on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Now you got the wiring right, you just need to get the sound system calibrated.

To do this, you need to have access to the Benedini board inside the Audio Module.

You'll also need the tank up on stands, as you need to run the tank at "full speed ahead" to calibrate the sound card.

Power everything up but don't touch the transmitter. Make sure the swicth is in the middle position

The Benedini board LED should be flashing quickly.

Press the programming button on the Benedini board - this sets the "at rest" positions. The sound board should beep and the LED should stay on.

Move the transmitter stick forward until the tracks just start to move, and click the switch up and back again. You should hear a brief engine sound.

Move the transmitter stick forward to maximum and click the switch up and back again. You should hear a brief bit of faster engine sound.

The sound board should beep three times to show it has been programmed and the LED should go back to flashing quickly.

Now when you click the switch "up - middle - down - middle" the engine should start.

Do it down again, so "down - middle" and the engine should die.

Do it twice, so "up - middle - up - middle - down - middle", you should get the next sound.

Do it three times, so "up - middle - up - middle - up - middle - down - middle", you ought to get the main gun sound.

Do it once again, so "down - middle" and it should fire again.

The boards can be quite finicky, so you have to learn what speed of switch clicking works reliably for you. Too slow or too quick and the board may not react correctly.

Adrian.

Allan Shannon

Post by Allan Shannon »

Adrian

Many Thanks for the advice. I do not have the tank tracks on yet waiting to move I to my garage and set it all up. I am only making sure that things work for not, but within a couple of week the tanks will have the motors in situ and track on and I cant wait! I will keep you up dated as to how I get on with the sound.

Many Thanks Allan

Allan Shannon

Post by Allan Shannon »

Success Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Adrian who laid out the wiring for me and to Vince for sharing his notes on the flap settings, which was the final piece of the mystery. I will now jot down my notes for future reference and start labelling the cables.

So for those Guys who like me or new to this and have a Spektrum DX6 or above this is what I did:

Get your wiring right!

Use AUX1 on your RX which is linked to switch D 3 way toggle ( as Gear on the receiver is only a 2 way switch on the Tx)

Go to Function list on Tx by pressing the scroll button and select 'Flap System' it will probably be inhibited so activated it, and input the following parameters: Pos 0:-100 Pos1-0: Pos 2: 100 (pos0/2 you can change to your liking but remember one of them is a minus 100) then just come out of the function list and hopefully you will have sounds.

Once again a big thank you to Adrian and Vince :D

A very happy Allan :)

Vince Cutajar

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Happy that you managed to sort it out. :D

I got a lot of help from members of the forum when I was in that situation.

Vince