Bailey Bridge in the Central African Republic

All topics related to Armortek's Bailey Bridge
Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3056 times

Bailey Bridge in the Central African Republic

Post by Armortek »

Armortek's 1:6 scale Bailey Bridge getting some Presidential attention in the Central African Republic !

Pictures were taken at the CAR Presidency during the visit of the French Minister of Foreign Affairs, in November 2018. The pictures show him with the CAR President, the French ambassador, the EU Ambassador and Sébastien Billon (from Expertise France who organised it all).

Credit: Ornella Koyo-Nede / Expertise France
BB1.jpg
BB2.jpg
BB3.jpg
Armortek

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Re: Bailey Bridge in the Central African Republic

Post by Robert Reid »

Curious about the context of this?

Was it just a nicely-sized and accessible model of a bridge for the display? Are they going to put the full-size Bailey back into production for use in developing nations (a good idea, actually!) Was there some significance to the model or Armortek?

Just interested in the back story behind this very cool photo and exposure!

Cheers,

RPR

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1195 times
Been liked: 1379 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

France has promised a massive aid package to CAR, part of which is to be spent building bridges to open up access throughout the country.

I wonder if they are planning on using the current incarnation of the Bailey Bridge ?

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3056 times

Post by Armortek »

Adrian Harris wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:33 pm
France has promised a massive aid package to CAR, part of which is to be spent building bridges to open up access throughout the country.

I wonder if they are planning on using the current incarnation of the Bailey Bridge ?

Adrian.
Spot on.
France & the EU are driving a project called "Recovery and Stabilisation in CAR" after years of social and political unrest. As part of that they are improving transport links ... which will include some bailey bridges (in full scale though !).
https://www.expertisefrance.fr/actualite?id=390382
Armortek