Stolen Quad

Forum for discussion relating to the Morris Quad
Phil Crowther
Been liked: 10 times

Stolen Quad

Post by Phil Crowther »

Morning all.
I may be grasping at straws but my Quad, limber and 25pdr were stolen from my house in South Worcestershire last Friday 25th January along with the Spectrum Dx6 transmitter. As it is a rather unique, niche model it may well be offered for sale in the West Midlands or even further afield.
Police are aware and if anyone should be offered a quad in Caunter camo I would greatly appreciate a shout out.
For those who know where to look it is No. 88.
Many thanks
Phil

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Re: Stolen Quad

Post by Armortek »

Sorry to hear Phil.
If you have any photographs then post them here so that we know what to look out for.
Kian
Armortek

florian rudolf
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 632 times

Post by florian rudolf »

:shock: what kind of ash... did such stubid things.
Please post some photos, so we can look at.

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Robert Reid »

Was anything else taken?

It's one of those strange things to steal... bulky, heavy, easily-recognizable. Easily-traced... as there are not many of them. And kind of hard to enjoy... since the place to enjoy them is often with other owners... who will recognize a stolen kit!

Does make one think about putting a 'chip' or a GPS transponder in one's tank or Armoured car, though. Plenty of room! And those things are now pretty cheap!

Hope you get it back soon and intact!

RPR

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Does not Armortek have a database of registered purchasers or owners of the different kits?
If so, they could flag that model as stolen and should they receive an enquiry for spare parts or info for that serial number, then alert the proper owner.
If not, then maybe something to think of, would not take much effort to set up and maintain.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Kits change hands quite a bit, so keeping track would be difficult and time consuming.

And only kits after a certain date came with serial numbers and certificates.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Phil Crowther
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Phil Crowther »

Thanks for your posts, guys. If photobucket would only behave I’d put up a couple of picks but it’s being a pain just now!
Only the Quad has the Caunter scheme and apart for some fetching, pale green covers on the seats is completely OOB.
Fingers crossed, Phil C

Christoffer Ahlfors
Has liked: 681 times
Been liked: 268 times

Post by Christoffer Ahlfors »

You can post photos directly on the forum these days. No third party service needed.
A little too much is about right...

bryanrmassie
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by bryanrmassie »

Hi All

( Adrian ) not sure when Armortek started numbering models but pretty sure it was early on, it would be quite easy to sort this out, if you get offered a model second hand from now on, ask for the model number and it would actually be very easy to follow after that, I'm sure Monique would provide the buyers original name then a follow up, if it was stolen then they couldn't provide any info apart from the stolee's address but by then we know its stolen, seems simple to me !!!, my only bugbear is that they will probably trash it as they know they cant sell it !!!!!

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Robert Reid »

If it was the only thing taken... odds are it was 'theft-on-demand.' And someone came for it. With a home already in mind.

Someone's man cave... Someone in FUSSR or Sandbox... who wanted 'this' configuration.

I can't see these disappearing as part of a break-in haul just as collateral damage. This was targeted unless someone just cleaned out everything.

Spent 13 years on the PD... Saw a lot of robberies. Oddball stuff almost always disappeared for a purpose.

Hope you get it back!

RPR

mark lawson
Has liked: 2446 times
Been liked: 435 times

Post by mark lawson »

Thankfully theft of 1/6 RC models is relatively rare, lets face it there is hardly a market for "rung" RC models not to mention no way of "ringing" them.

As for keeping a database of customers details this coumes under the Data Protection Laws and providing details of previous owners not permitted present or past owners have to give permission for their details to be kept if any refuse then your database is incomplete.

Models can be repainted thus hiding the original appearance of the model and as has already been disclosed the model number is 88, one only has to look for this number on any Morris Quad that is offered.
Werkstatt - 5, 1/6 Panzer parts. werkstatt.five@gmail.com
RAG Militärmodellbau
IG Militärmodellbau

Simon Peck
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Simon Peck »

Maybe a thread on stolen and/or recovered models? That way some reference for those buying second hand and for those hoping to be reunited.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Simon Peck wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:41 pm
Maybe a thread on stolen and/or recovered models? That way some reference for those buying second hand and for those hoping to be reunited.
Sounds like a very good idea.

The only other stolen model I'm aware of is a King Tiger from 2014.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5352

The production number wasn't published at the time - I wonder if that was noted anywhere ?

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

As a few people have mentioned, I also think it was likely stolen to order rather than it being an opportunistic theft, unless the OP also lost other things he hasn´t mentioned. Breaking in and just taking the model sounds like high risks with minimal gain unless a buyer was already lined up.
Obviously a central database of registered owners would have to comply with data protection regulations and would only be successful if Armortek only supplied spare or replacement parts to registered buyers / owners.