And so it begins... RPR's Engine Build

Forum for discussion relating to the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost and the 40/50hp Engine.
Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Re: And so it begins... RPR's Engine Build

Post by Robert Reid »

I'll post pictures tomorrow of the engine on stand.... but hooked up the motor module today and it ran great!

And I am very indebted to Kian and the team for providing a really great set of EU-wide plug converters that I can use while motorcycling!!!!

The engine is really cool. But I will say that the electric motor is louder than a real Ghost engine running at idle. But it's hard to beat Sir Henry Royces' achievements in smoothness and silence. Even with an electric motor!

Cheers,

RPR

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Robert Reid »

Wow... thanks for the great shout-out from the folks at Armortek on our Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/Armortek/?__tn ... 85KqXULRF9

I'll let you guys type it in.... hopefully, there is a good automatic hyperlink process!

Thanks, Armortek team, for a great kit.

Now... on to the chassis!

Cheers,

RPR

David Wilcoxen

Post by David Wilcoxen »

Robert,
I know that it has been several years since this post was started and the engine built. However, work like this is timeless and should continue to attract accolades of awe and inspiration from new readers like me. This is metallic art , simply and truly. You are certainly a master artisan and a very skilled fabricator. I have enjoyed reading this thread immensely and will look for more from you. It is a definite pleasure to look at the photos of your masterpiece. However, it saddens me that I am not able to see it in person as I am sure it is easily 100 times more impressive live.
All the best to you, and keep building.
David