Transmitter / receivers

Forum for discussion relating to the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost and the 40/50hp Engine.
Jimbo Mills
Has liked: 5 times

Transmitter / receivers

Post by Jimbo Mills »

Hi all,
Being new to Armortek and radio control Im hoping you can help me out.
The Rolls Royce AC requires 7 channels, what transmitter and receiver would you recommend? The Spectrum DX6e and AR610 have been mentioned but they are only 6 channels. There seems to be a vast difference in price and don't want to waste money getting something I don't need.
Thanks in advance
Jim

David Stewart
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Transmitter / receivers

Post by David Stewart »

Evening Jim

I obtained a DX7 second hand for my Tiger 1 at a very reasonable price. It came with an AR7000 receiver, which is 7 channel. Its worth having a look in the second hand market as you can pick up a lot of very good kit from the RC flying crowd when they upgrade their TX/RX's

David
Armortek 2010 Mid Tiger 1

Jimbo Mills
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Jimbo Mills »

Thanks David
I shall see what I can find.

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Or DX8 if you can get hold of one.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Look for the "Gen2" Spektrum transmitters as they now have antenna diversity, which helps maintain signal quality, especially inside these metal models.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Gerhard Michel
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 559 times

Post by Gerhard Michel »

I wonder if 7 channels are always sufficient for steering a (tank) model. My models use more channels, because I don't like to 'daisy chain' some functions to one channel (known as 'nautic modules', 'multi function modules' or so). Because using only one transmitter for all models I use a 16 channel transmitter (Graupner MC 32), which is enough for near all requirements at functional models like tanks.

Besides the driving and turret managing functions (= 4 channels) there are shooting with main gun and machine gun, starting / stopping the engine, perhaps light / backlight, horn, voice announcements, moving the figures and playing some military songs, changed to sound like coming out of an old wireless receiver. This needs 10 to 12 channels, depending on the model.

Other comrades use specialties like cartridge case ejection, real flaming of gunshot and exhausts (misfiring) with liquid gas, lighting the exhausts with red LEDs (simulating a glowing exhaust), firing smoke pots and so on. So I know a King Tiger using 32 RC channels. For those extensive requirements a 'functional model RC-equipment' is recommended; e.g. a Brixl or a Blauzahn (fitting up to 256 channels)
kind regards
Gerhard