Another Tankfest over - list of credits

Forum for discussion and arrangements of meetings
Chris Hall
Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 635 times

Another Tankfest over - list of credits

Post by Chris Hall »

Well, it was hotter than Hell's kitchen, but it was another good one. My list of credits is as follows:

Kian, Monique and the girls - our gracious hosts, providing a booked arena, a good display of prototypes to admire, and CAKE !;
Denny - for all his hard work providing the astroturf, which worked brilliantly (a plain tarmac car park would have been so boring), and more CAKE !;
Stephen - for all the admin. work. We couldn't have turned up without you;
Chris - for having a well-timed 50th Birthday, thus giving us another target to poke fun at :wink:;
The 'Band of Brigands' (Steve, Daniel and now Pete) - the Mark IV's crossing trenches en masse looked awesome - now for Amiens 100 !;
Everyone else who was there - for the cameraderie, and all diving in without question to make the event such a success.

The rain as we were packing up was a bit of a downer, but it helped to cool us down for the first time the whole weekend ! One stupid thing, though - in the rush to pack up and get away I left my tank cover behind - a clear plastic table cover with a blue edge, and a bungee to hold it together. The usefulness value far exceeds its monetary worth ! But if anyone did pick it up I'd be grateful to get it back sometime :oops:.

Many thanks, a tired but happy,

Chris
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

Pete Nash
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 164 times

Re: Another Tankfest over - list of credits

Post by Pete Nash »

Chris

I've got your tank cover. I'll bring it down for Amiens 100.
'they' thought it was mine as I was the last to get packed away.
I've also got someone's green camping Chair.

Pete