Radiator Badge if anyone is interested...

Forum for discussion relating to the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost and the 40/50hp Engine.
Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Radiator Badge if anyone is interested...

Post by Robert Reid »

For those doing a chassis or armored car with a radiator... Here is a very, very close badge. Enamel. It's a few percent bigger... but is not egregious. Maybe 10 percent oversized? Not noticeable on a radiator shell. It's also got the perfect pattern of enamel and very good proportions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Rolls-Royc ... 2749.l2649

Here is the eBay link to the badge. Not affiliated with them... Not making anything on this. Just posting for those who want to get a badge that is about perfect for the Armoured car or any of the 1/6th Ghost chassis.

Cheers,

RPR

Pete Nash
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 164 times

Re: Radiator Badge if anyone is interested...

Post by Pete Nash »

Looked at it and saw $28 including postage so thought I could do without it :o :shock:

Robert Reid
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 438 times

Post by Robert Reid »

Here in the Colonies... $14.95 and free shipping.

But they may charge a bunch for International. That said... Probably made in China. And so if more come available on ebay.co.uk... or another site... with free domestic shipping, at least you guys know what to look for. That is a very exact replica... there are 'reverse' options and lots of things that just aren't quite right. Too big, too small, lousy enamel. Wrong color. These are right on.

So this gives you all something to go on. Sorry if the shipping looked egregious... not my intent!

Have a great day!

Cheers,

RPR

Bob Mitchell
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Bob Mitchell »

Although I have not yet started my chassis kit, I liked the badge so I have just ordered the last one available from the eBay link. The cost was quite reasonable as I live in Canada. Thanks for sharing the info.