Bergepanther finishing getting ready for filming

Forum for discussion relating to the Bergepanther
Gerhard Michel
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 564 times

Re: Bergepanther finishing getting ready for filming

Post by Gerhard Michel »

Hi Phil,

well, that is my Jagdtiger in action (a snapshot from a video clip). Here another pics:

High speed test (rather unusuable for this tank type). Please see Olafs steel track links in action!

Some mor pics from 'Eckersmühlen proving ground':

Youtube is an excellent platform for videos, but still pics are not supported, isn't it so?
kind regards
Gerhard

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 6945 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

That's a good point Stephen as Gerhard has pointed out, Youtube do not support stills.........but you can put a video together of your still photos and upload that, it's simple just a pain to do.
You could also add a little music too.
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.

Gerhard Michel

Post by Gerhard Michel »

Hell Guys,

for a still I would prefer a thread of its own in this forum, because:

1. everyone can see it

2. everyone can add his own pics without needing access data to a youtube channel and so on

3. The upload time for a pic is tremendously shorter than for a video clip (I have only a very slow internet connection and also no smartfone; therefore no access to any social media)

4. The pics can be hosted by several free picture hosters; there is no additional space needed in the forum. Nevertheless the pics are immediadely visible in the thread without clicking a link. My pics shown here are only links to my pic hoster, which are automaticly solved when the thread is opened.
kind regards
Gerhard

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

I tend to agree Gerhard, someone will have to ask Gill nicely if we can have a gallery once more :roll:
Mechanical engineer.

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3058 times

Post by Armortek »

Phil, Gerhard, we'll look into this. When we last discussed this, there were some issues but let us review again and we'll respond soon. All the best. Stephen
Armortek

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Yeah go Stephen.
Mechanical engineer.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Something a little different guys, I bet you smile when you see the little guy hammering the track pin

The shot of the guy hammering that track pin reminds me of the close ups that you got whilst watching Thunderbirds or Joe ninety.I haven't used any ageing filters with this video, just toned down the colour to 20% and it's realtime to, that way the edit suite seems to behave itself cheers Phil. :)
Last edited by Phil Woollard on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mechanical engineer.

Gerhard Michel

Post by Gerhard Michel »

... very nice movie!
kind regards
Gerhard

Fabian Bekkers
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 105 times

Post by Fabian Bekkers »

very nice builds do you have Phil :D
best regards Fabian
Huzaren van Boreel🫡

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 2047 times

Post by Stephen White »

Great video Phil, well done.

Would you mind interrogating the little man about why he's knocking the pin back in before re-joining the track? You might also whisper in his mate's shell-like that he needs to run more track over the sprocket so that he doesn't have to lift the split track so far. And I only did signals and gunnery courses and know next to nothing about what goes on in the bottom, grubby bits of the tank. I do know about track bashing though, my first troop sergeant made sure of that - "sledge hammers aren't for leaning on, Sir........"

Stephen

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun doing it.I have had a word with the plastic army and they said they were just making sure the pin would drift in when the track links were offered up in part two ! :)
Mechanical engineer.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Busy day yesterday, I installed a new pair of power transistors in the Bergs amplifier and all is working as it should...thanks to Adrian for his advice and info on parts, so if you do accidentally short out the speaker connections the unit in this case was quite repairable.
Also made a start installing the gucci tools and hangers (and I am aware that the C hook is probably up the wrong way) :?
With reference to the smoke unit which works fine, but not how I want it to function ie to much smoke....not enough pressure...not the right colour, I will bring up the related thread from a while ago as I think it's such a fascinating and difficult to achieve subject.
With Marks high volume fan and smoke unit and Adrian's control system it's almost there
cheers Phil.
Attachments
The power transistors for those that are not familiar are the three legged components on the heat sink at the top
The power transistors for those that are not familiar are the three legged components on the heat sink at the top
For this build I have managed to get the amp and con unit between the motors and all seems ok I just hope the crew compartment fits over the top.
For this build I have managed to get the amp and con unit between the motors and all seems ok I just hope the crew compartment fits over the top.
Well it's all in there so now I have to make it look half decent.
Well it's all in there so now I have to make it look half decent.
Using m2 nuts and bolts which are sooo fiddly
Using m2 nuts and bolts which are sooo fiddly
Isn't that winch a thing of beauty even in red oxide.I have made some cable tension blocks (in grey)for a little extra detail which actually help keep the cable tight by applying just a little pressure on the bearing.
Isn't that winch a thing of beauty even in red oxide.I have made some cable tension blocks (in grey)for a little extra detail which actually help keep the cable tight by applying just a little pressure on the bearing.
Mechanical engineer.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Some Stills taken from the last video shoot, also some recovery subjects to think about.
Attachments
DSC_0042 (2).JPG
DSC_0040.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
How the hell do we recover that?
How the hell do we recover that?
A fairly straight forward recovery? As Stephen says "pull them out the way they went in" but the shell crater has steep sides and the rear plate will dig in, so we will drag it out forwards.
A fairly straight forward recovery? As Stephen says "pull them out the way they went in" but the shell crater has steep sides and the rear plate will dig in, so we will drag it out forwards.
The guy with the hammer is concentrating hard but still looks like he has sh.t himself !
The guy with the hammer is concentrating hard but still looks like he has sh.t himself !
Mechanical engineer.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

The Bergepanther is such a busy vehicle, there's so much going on..tons of kit, tools, spares everything your going to need to work in the field.
Attachments
Now that's a fan
Now that's a fan
It all looks a bit to fresh and new at the moment so weathering to commence soon
It all looks a bit to fresh and new at the moment so weathering to commence soon
The bazooka plates are far to clinical so lots of work there
The bazooka plates are far to clinical so lots of work there
It seems to me that most people prefer to leave the plates off so that the running gear really stands out and I agree it does but I prefer the look of the vehicle with them in place , I may remove one or two just to make it more interesting
It seems to me that most people prefer to leave the plates off so that the running gear really stands out and I agree it does but I prefer the look of the vehicle with them in place , I may remove one or two just to make it more interesting
I also like the way the plates swing about when we are filming the vehicle
I also like the way the plates swing about when we are filming the vehicle
DSC_0016.JPG
Mechanical engineer.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Basic initial weathering adding staining,chipping and scratches the odd colour contrast will become relevant later. I may leave the plates out in the rain for a couple of days to allow some authentic rust from those chips and scratches cheers Phil
Attachments
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0025 (2).JPG
DSC_0024 (2).JPG
Mechanical engineer.