Sound setup for Quad

Forum for discussion relating to the Morris Quad
paul&robinmargle
Been liked: 2 times

Sound setup for Quad

Post by paul&robinmargle »

Hi,

We are having trouble getting the sound working on Paul's Quad. We have a DX6 transmitter and AR610 receiver, wired it up exactly as the schematic in the Armortek manual. I changed the steering, motor and winch channels to our preferred sticks.
We can't get the engine sound to play after pressing the little button on the audio module during the setup and have no idea which toggle switch on the transmitter the instructions refer to.
Speaker is working, one beep when it switches on.
Can anyone help?

Robin

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 2045 times

Re: Sound setup for Quad

Post by Stephen White »

Robin, have you looked at the relevant topic in the Knowledge Base, which might help you understand the sequence for setting up the sound card? It's here:

http://www.armortek.co.uk/Forum3b/viewt ... =34&t=5809

Stephen

Peter Silcock
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Peter Silcock »

Robin you will have to check what channel on the receiver you have plugged the sound selection channel into. If say its channel 5 you will then have to alter your transmitter so that channel 5 is allocated to the particular toggle switch you want to use for sound. Easy on Futaba but sorry don't know how to do it on yours. A quick way of identifying channels is to plug a servo into each channel and then see which switch operates what channel. You will need either one of the joysticks or a three position switch to operate the sound. As said above check the Knowledge Base as well.

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Robin, I have the Quad, The Spektrum DX6 and the AR610. This is my setup.
I have the steering on the left hand stick.... left/right. The 'sounds' are on the right hand stick with engine movement forward/reverse. The winch is controlled by the toggle switch 'D'.
If you have set the 'sounds' programme you have to toggle the switch left/right or up/down to activate. The engine start-up is the first sound you hear. Each sound requires a set number of movements, for example, move the toggle/switch left three times then right once sounds the horn etc,. ....Mick

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1182 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Unfortunately, the Knowledgebase article assumes that the transmitter has been modified by the addition of a rotary encoder or switch.

I would second Peter's suggestion of plugging a servo into each channel on the receiver, so that you can map which transmitter control affects which receiver channel.

To change a channel assignment on the transmitter, you need to click and hold the roller to enter the System Setup screen. Then use the roller to scroll down to Channel Input Config. This will allow you to set a switch to a specific function.

It's explained on page 16 of the current DX6 manual.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

I would have thought that the winch would be better controlled by the second speed controller.

Dennis.

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 2045 times

Post by Stephen White »

Adrian is correct in saying the KB Topic assumes a rotary encoder but that is only part of the process. Even if you use a toggle switch or stick, I'd still recommend you read it because it also tells you how to "teach" the sounds to your setup and gives you insight into how the sound card behaves during setup.

The process you need to follow is the same as the KB Topic, with one change. Just disregard the Section titled: To change to encoder control. This isn't needed as the sound card should be set to toggle switch (or stick) control by default. You can confirm this in the way Peter suggested. Having done that, follow the rest.

Stephen

paul&robinmargle
Been liked: 2 times

Post by paul&robinmargle »

Thanks everyone, we identified which switch it was using by using the servo as suggested and then followed the armortek instructions. Love the voices, will have to get it working on the cent too.

Robin